Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #16
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I couldnʻt access the epub. It wanted me to sign in to google (which I did with my gmail account), then told me it wasnʻt accessible. Did I do something wrong, or is it just attached to you?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 AM   #17
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I couldnʻt access the epub. It wanted me to sign in to google (which I did with my gmail account), then told me it wasnʻt accessible. Did I do something wrong, or is it just attached to you?
Strange. Let me take a look and I'll come back to you. It said that no one needed to sign in and it was available to all with link...

technology huh
Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #18
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I just downloaded the epub version from your Google Docs page. It didn't ask for a Google login, so I guess you fixed it! Thanks, Simon!

Edit: Hang on a second! I was already logged into my Google account, so it didn't ask me to log in again. I think you still do need a Google account to access the epub.

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 08-23-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #19
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok, it worked this time, not sure what the difference was...? Maybe it was because I messed up my login last time several times, as I tried to remember my password? thanks

(guessing perhaps it wonʻt be accessible to anyone without a google log-in?)

ha, I just realized my entire post is just full of questions. Thatʻs dumb...isnʻt it?

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 08-23-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #20
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
I just downloaded the epub version from your Google Docs page. It didn't ask for a Google login, so I guess you fixed it! Thanks, Simon!

Edit: Hang on a second! I was already logged into my Google account, so it didn't ask me to log in again. I think you still do need a Google account to access the epub.
Not really sure what to do about that as I have already set it to everyone on web can access...

Maybe we'll find out from someone who doesn't have a Google account.

Would really appreciate finding out what it looks like in an ereader.

Thanks,
Simon
Old 08-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #21
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Hi Geoff,

No need to hold off any more. Here's the epub version.

I'd be really interested in getting any feedback on the format as I'm quite new at this and this was my first attempt. It looks good in the mobipocket reader for PC but as I don't have a reading device per se would like to know if it translates OK.

Best regards,
Simon
Thank you so much...

I had a quick look in ADE... and it looks good... It might be some time, before I get around to reading it, but I WILL let you know what I think of it.

Last edited by lene1949; 08-23-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #22
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Through a quick glance, the epub looks good on my sony! I downloaded it onto the machine tonight, and I wanted to check it out to see how it looks for you. I see Lene checked it out in ADE as well
Old 08-23-2010, 03:06 AM   #23
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Through a quick glance, the epub looks good on my sony! I downloaded it onto the machine tonight, and I wanted to check it out to see how it looks for you. I see Lene checked it out in ADE as well
Yep... Looks very much like the PDF sample I read..
Old 08-23-2010, 03:07 AM   #24
simonroyle
Addict

Great - thank you very much for your support. You have been really helpful. :-)
Old 08-23-2010, 04:21 AM   #25
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Thanks Simon,

I had no problem downloading it and in ADE it looks as good as the pdf did ...

It may be a few days before I can get round to reading it though on my 302 !

Old 08-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #26
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Thanks Simon,

I had no problem downloading it and in ADE it looks as good as the pdf did ...

It may be a few days before I can get round to reading it though on my 302 !

Great! Pleased to hear that, thanks for checking it out Geoff.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #27
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I'm sorry to say that your books doesn't sound all that interesting to me.

But after reading a couple of pages, it does indeed look very good. Downloaded, thanks.

As you're new to MR let me warn you a bit. Most of us, whether or not we have ereaders, have a long list of ebooks to read. We're greedy that way.

So the warning is this - Don't expect a fast review/reply to your book from most of us.

All that I can offer is that your writing style exactly what I like. Don't give up the ship.

PS - I have a little over 300 pages to read on my current book. There are two books coming out this month that I've been waiting a long time for. And my ereader has over a hundred unread books on it. But something about your writing says that it won’t be too long before I get to your book. Thanks, again, and good luck.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
As you're new to MR let me warn you a bit. Most of us, whether or not we have ereaders, have a long list of ebooks to read. We're greedy that way.

So the warning is this - Don't expect a fast review/reply to your book from most of us.
HI SOS,

No problem. One of the things you learn when writing is to be patient. It took a year to write and edit Tag to get it to the point where I was comfortable enough for others to read it (excluding my "Alphas of course).

Thanks for the heads up though, appreciate the advice.

Best regards,
Simon
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #29
simonroyle
Addict

Just like to say a BIG thank you to those who sent me your thoughts on the book. I'll be releasing it on Amazon, hopefully by end of October. Once again thanks very much for taking the time - much appreciated.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #30
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Just like to say a BIG thank you to those who sent me your thoughts on the book. I'll be releasing it on Amazon, hopefully by end of October. Once again thanks very much for taking the time - much appreciated.
I'm told that when you list/post/submit it to Amazon you have the one time option to select that the book will be able to be downloaded to multiple devices or without DRM.

If it's listed at Amazon like this:

Product Details
Simultaneous Device Usage:
Unlimited

that means that we can probably download it without DRM. That's as far as Amazon will go to let those of us without Kindles know that we too can buy the book. And, yes, you can use a computer to read Kindle DRM books. But we bought our various ereaders to read wherever we want to.

Check this out with other authors in the "Writers' Corner" for more info.

I'm not griping at you. An author has every right to publish with DRM. I simply contend that more people can buy your book without DRM.

Good luck, and thanks for the download.
Closed Thread