Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #61
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
Thank you both! It may be easier for me to just add the photos to the gallery, and tag you as the recipients. OK?

- M.D.B.
I don't mind! Do whatever you want with mine.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #62
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Day three just wrapped up with a large round of e-mails, that finished cleaning out the inbox at 11:12pm EST. If you haven't received your signed dedications within the next few minutes, that means I never received your request.

As before:
  • If you sent a request, but have not received your signed eBooks yet, please re-send. I don't want to miss anybody who wants to participate.
  • If you are just discovering this idea, and it sounds like fun, send a request! Still plenty of time for new folks to join in.
  • If you posted a photo of your dedication as it is shown on your device (on Facebook, or a blog site, or anywhere else, and a few people have also e-mailed me copies—thank you!) I'd love to see it too.

Day four begins after forty winks and a little coffee! See you all again in the morning.

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #63
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
This is a great idea that makes ebooks more personal. Love it. My email has been sent.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #64
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
This book was excellent, very enjoyable. Look forward to future work.
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:30 AM   #65
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Please feel free to use my photo on your facebook page.

This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #66
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Here's a picture of my copy — on my Nokia 6630 phone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SignedEbook.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	55105  
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:00 AM   #67
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Here's a picture of my copy — on my Nokia 6630 phone!
That looks cool!

Nokia phones are great. I had one for about five years that I kept using because all the phones I bought in the meantime broke after a couple of months.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #68
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
M.D.B. very kindly dedicated a second copy for me to gift, as attached.

I wonder if this is the first ever gifted signed ebook?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	130720109421.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	55106  
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #69
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
And I've just read the story — it was good. I'll certainly be interested in reading more.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #70
Lee Fyock
Lee Fyock doesn't litterLee Fyock doesn't litter

Device: iPad
ebook signing in 2003

Hi--

We did an ebook signing with Tad Williams at 2003's BEA.

I was head of the software development team at palmdigitalmedia (born peanutpress.com and died? ereader.com), and what we did is allow authors to sign the "ex libris" page of the ebook. That is, our books had a page (usually the second or third page after the title and cover art pages) that said "From the Library of Lee Fyock", which displayed the name of the person who had purchased that book.

This was on Palms and Pocket PCs at the time. If you entered "au" while reading a book, you'd get a blank page on which to sign, scribble, draw, or whatever. This would get stored as an image in the book, displayed on the ex libris page.

Here's a link to the press release at that time: Palm Digital Media to Host eBook Signing with Popular Fantasy Writer Tad Williams at BookExpo America

This really should be built into the reading software so that authors can sign at actual events, IMO. But regardless of how it's done, this is a great way to connect with readers and promote your work.

Lee
Lee Fyock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #71
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Fyock View Post
We did an ebook signing with Tad Williams at 2003's BEA....
Very interesting historical note, Lee! Is there any chance you also have some photos of the event, that you could share?

When we planned this event, I was unaware of any such previous eBook signing, although it is a logical extension to almost any reading platform. To the best of my knowledge (again, subject to corrections as the need may arise!) this thread is the first instance of a signing event taking place entirely online, and supplying two of the currently dominant, DRM-free formats.

Thank you for reminding us that the job of science fiction and fantasy authors is to innovate. It sounds like Tad Williams was very much ahead of the game, with your support.

- M.D.B.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #72
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's my copy on my Kindle 2us, Opus and HTC Hero (Aldiko). Use the photo if you want.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	signing.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	450.3 KB
ID:	55126  

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-13-2010 at 12:22 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #73
TNKindleMom
TNKindleMom is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Thank you so much!! My email is on the way. Hopefully, your hand's not completely numb yet. Thanks again!!

Deb (TNKindleMom)
TNKindleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #74
Bluebaize
Enthusiast
Bluebaize doesn't litterBluebaize doesn't litter

Excellent idea, my request is on the way.

Looking forward to reading this and more...
Bluebaize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #75
Lee Fyock
Lee Fyock doesn't litterLee Fyock doesn't litter

Quote:
Very interesting historical note, Lee! Is there any chance you also have some photos of the event, that you could share?
I don't, but a friend might. If I can find any, I'll post an URL here.

Quote:
When we planned this event, I was unaware of any such previous eBook signing
I googled "ebook signing" and this was the top hit, an event I hadn't heard of before now:
Texas' First Ever Ebook Signing

This seems like one of those good ideas that people keep inventing independently.
Lee Fyock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plummet, signing event