Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #16
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
PROMO--Firefly Island on SALE for 99 cents! Code: GE47Y

Hi everyone,

I'd like to shamelessly promote my novel with a new promo! Until June 1 (only a few days away), my epic fantasy "Firefly Island" is on SALE for only 99 cents. I hope you check it out!

Grab a Smashwords copy using the code GE47Y:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12299

OR buy "Firefly Island" from the Kindle store, also for 99 cents until June 1:

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Island...0545978&sr=1-1

"This is the most excited I have ever been about a science fiction/fantasy book!" -- ReaderViews.com

Want to escape to a magical land? Discover a world at the edge of imagination. Visit Firefly Island. In Firefly Island, you'll meet Aeolia, a girl enslaved to an ogre on a faraway farm. With the magic of fireflies, she must escape the ogre, then journey to find her long-lost brother. Join Aeolia as she explores Firefly Island, a strange land of firefly magic. Her quest takes her from hills swarming with ogres, to jungles full of fierce tree warriors, to castles brimming with knights in armor, to an underworld of outlaws on dark city streets, to twisting dungeons, and into landscapes of flame and war.

"I thought Firefly Island was a very promising debut for Arenson. As a self-contained story of only 347 pages, it is an especially good choice if you like fantasy but don’t want to become committed to reading a long series or one of the 900-page tomes that are so common in fantasy nowadays. It is also, despite some fairly grim aspects, generally more upbeat in tone than many other modern writers of medieval fantasy, which is nice if you enjoy the genre but want a break from the darker, more downbeat worlds of fantasy authors like Glen Cook, George Martin, or Steven Erikson. I would highly recommend this book for fantasy fans." -- FantasyBookSpot.com

You can learn more about the novel, read more reviews, and learn about me at: http://www.DanielArenson.com

Remember, this 99 cents promo expires June 1, only a few days away, so I hope you grab a copy before then. I hope you enjoy "Firefly Island".

[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

Daniel

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-26-2012 at 02:37 PM.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:08 PM   #17
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Quick, shameless reminder: This promo expires tonight! I hope you grab a 99 cent copy of Firefly Island, currently a Kindle "epic fantasy" bestseller.

Grab a Smashwords copy using the code GE47Y:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12299

Or buy "Firefly Island" from Kindle, also for 99 cents until tonight:

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Island...5329007&sr=8-1

I hope you enjoy it!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
DArenson
ebookworm

Cool Firefly Island -- $2.99

Hi everyone,

Summer is just around the corner. That means lazy days outdoors, cold drinks, and of course -- great summer reads.

To celebrate summer reading, my fantasy novel "Firefly Island" is on SALE for 99 cents. The sale won't last forever--just long enough to let you grab a discount summer copy.

In "Firefly Island", a girl seeks her long-lost brother across an enchanted island full of monsters and magic. It's a big fantasy adventure full of swordfights, chases, torture, prison breaks, battles, revenge... and just a bit of romance. ReaderViews.com wrote, "This is the most excited I have ever been about a fantasy book!" FantasyBookSpot.com wrote, "I would highly recommend this book to fantasy fans."

Smashwords coupon (99 cents deal): NZ25E

Use the coupon at: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12299

You can also buy "Firefly Island" for Kindle (also 99 cents sale):

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Island...6543516&sr=8-2

The regular price is $2.99, so please grab your summer copy now before the price goes up!

To learn more about "Firefly Island", read a sample, and read more reviews, go here: http://danielarenson.com/IPadKindleFantasyNovel.aspx

Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoy the book, and I hope you have a great summer.

Daniel

Last edited by DArenson; 07-24-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #19
DArenson
ebookworm

Firefly Island, an epic fantasy novel, $2.99

My fantasy novel Firefly Island sold its 1000th copy last night!

To those who grabbed a copy, posted a review, or spread the word: thank you! To everyone else, I'd like to tell you about my novel.

A cruel king, his flesh made of stone, tyrannizes the enchanted Firefly Island. No sword or arrow can harm him. Aeolia, a servant girl, can magically share feelings and senses... even pain. Only she, by hurting herself, can hurt the mad monarch. But can she save the island from his grasp?

"This is the most excited I have ever been about a fantasy book!" -- ReaderViews.com

"A very promising debut... I would highly recommend this book."
-- FantasyBookSpot.com

You can learn more about Firefly Island (and read more reviews) here: http://danielarenson.com/IPadKindleFantasyNovel.aspx

Firefly Island on Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12299

Firefly Island on Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Island...0009334&sr=8-1

Firefly Island is also available in iBookstore.

Thank you for reading,

Daniel Arenson
www.DanielArenson.com
Old 09-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #20
DArenson
ebookworm

Firefly Island is now on SALE at Smashwords!

I'm celebrating the new trade paperback release of Firefly Island. Five Star Publishing, an imprint of Gale, released the hardcover in 2007. In April this year, Firefly Island become an ebook. And finally this month, Firefly Island is available in paperback.

I've generated a HALF OFF coupon for Smashwords. It's good for one week only. If you haven't read Firefly Island yet, you can now grab a copy on sale.

Here is Firefly Island in paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Island.../dp/0986602833

Here is Firefly Island in the Kindle store: http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Island.../dp/B003FGXLHU

Here is Firefly Island at Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12299

Here is a COUPON for Smashwords, 50% off, good for one week only: BR42F

Thanks for reading,

Daniel
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #21
DArenson
ebookworm

Firefly Island is now on sale at Kindle, too. Instead of $2.99, it now costs only $0.99.

As always, you can read reviews, read an excerpt, and more at: http://danielarenson.com/IPadKindleFantasyNovel.aspx

Thanks for reading!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #22
DArenson
ebookworm

Firefly Island is on sale again for 99 cents -- one week only!

"This is the most excited I have ever been about a fantasy book!" -- ReaderViews.com

"A very promising debut... I would highly recommend this book." -- FantasyBookSpot.com

Kindle, now 99 cents: http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Island.../dp/B003FGXLHU

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12299

Smashwords coupon for 99 cents: MU34A

I hope you enjoy!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #23
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's $3.44 for me on Kindle (maybe because I'm from Europe), so I bought it from Smashwords instead. Not that I'm cheap but I wonder how much of that money actually ends up in the author's hands. Amazon is already making more than enough money off me as it is...

For Smashwords I had to dig out Opera to buy it since their site is completely broken for me in Linux Firefox for some reason. Hope the book itself won't give me as much trouble haha!

I just finished reading Mistborn the other day and the story sounds similar (evil immortal king vs slave girl yay) so I'm really looking forward to it.

EDIT:
Not my day. First page looks like the one in the screenshot. Somehow the image and text is intermingled on the same page. Could be the fault of the Device, I guess, but it's the first time it ever happened.

EDIT2:
Problem solved, it was the software (AdobeViewer). No problems what so ever using fbreader180. Sorry to have bothered you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	firefly.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	59270  

Last edited by frostschutz; 10-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #24
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Hi Daniel Just picked it up on Smashwords and is on my TBR list. Looks interesting so looking forward to reading it
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #25
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Problem solved, it was the software (AdobeViewer). No problems what so ever using fbreader180. Sorry to have bothered you
Good to know you solved the issue.

From your screencap, I've noticed that Smashwords still has the old map. The Kindle version has a newer, nicer map of Firefly Island. I really ought to update the Smashwords map someday!

I hope you enjoy the book. When you've read it, let me know what you think.

The higher Kindle price must be due to you being in Europe; I'm in Canada and it's showing $0.99 to me.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #26
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
Hi Daniel Just picked it up on Smashwords and is on my TBR list. Looks interesting so looking forward to reading it
Thanks, Kiwimick! Hope you enjoy it!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #27
DArenson
ebookworm

Firefly Island received a five-star review on Amazon.co.uk. Here's a quote:

"This is a genre that I hardly ever read, and I can not recall ever finishing a fantasy novel before. I did finish this one, even read into the wee,small hours. There were several places where Mr. Arenson's descriptions had me squirming because they were protrayed so vividly. I read a lot and seldom squirm. I don't want to allude to the plot in case I spoil it for others, but I enjoyed the novel and will add the next one to my TBR pile. The plot was quite involved, and it kept moving forward at a good pace. Five stars for Mr. Arenson."

You can learn more about Firefly Island here: http://danielarenson.com/IPadKindleFantasyNovel.aspx
Old 10-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #28
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I recently picked it up as well from Amazon. Can't wait to get to it, hopefully next month.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:07 AM   #29
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I recently picked it up as well from Amazon. Can't wait to get to it, hopefully next month.
Thanks, Quake. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #30
DArenson
ebookworm

Epic fantasy Firefly Island received its 17th Amazon.com review today -- for five stars. Here's a quote:

"If you're looking for a fantasy that's hard to put down - this is one for you. I found myself reading it during work, over breakfast, anywhere I could sneak a few minutes in... It's a story about many things - violence, betrayal, prejudice, romance, despair, and ultimately hope for the future. I definitely recommend this one."

Read the full review at Amazon.

Tags
fantasy ebooks, fantasy novels, summer reading