Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #61
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Finally, after a month of reviewing the submission, Amazon has published my edition of the Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible with Direct Verse Jump. If you are not familiar with Catholic Bibles, they include Deuterocanonical (Apocryphal in the Protestant parlance) books and portions of books (Daniel, Esther, etc.), the chapter and verse numbering differs significantly in many places from the KJV versification. Note that this edition does not include the notes.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033PSG1Y

I have taken time to correct typos and OCR errors of sources that flow around the Internet. So, this edition should be the truest to the paper edition of late 1800s.

Last edited by osnova; 01-11-2010 at 08:32 PM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #62
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
osnova, I was just wondering if you've had any response from Zondervan regarding your request of making NIV easier to navigate?
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #63
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well. Some time in December they said they would consider my proposal after the New Year. Since then, I haven't heard from them.

Last edited by osnova; 01-16-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #64
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Alright, well hopefully they'll get back with you on this.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #65
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

A reader has discovered an embarrassing for me error with the DVJ anchor (hidden text) for 2 Chronicles, which affects:

Holy Bible: King James Version (KJV) (with Direct Verse Jump) and
Holy Bible: King James Version (KJV) (with Direct Verse Jump), paragraphed.

Basically, if you try to jump to any verse in 2 Chronicles (for example, 2ch.3.3), you won't be able to. You'll have to type in 2chr.3.3 for DVJ to work. I am upset that my quality control has not uncovered this issue. I apologize to all.

If you have purchased these KJV editions and they exhibit this issue (some of my earlier editions of KJVs did not have this issue), please email me at osnova@gmail.com and let me know which of the two KJV editions you have, and I will send you a fixed edition and a Kindle dictionary of English Synonyms as an apology. As a proof of purchase, please send me in your email the text of the margin note for Hebrews 4:6.

I have submitted the updated file to Amazon but it typically takes some time for them to approve the change.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #66
Heroking
Heroking began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Osnova,

Congratulations. It is such a good job. Very easy to use and also a friendly presentation. Please keep it up.

I did not encounter the the challenges highlighted above in respect of 2Chr.3.3, probably i bought the updated version (bought mine yesterday).

Last edited by Heroking; 04-13-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Heroking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #67
rthib
rthib began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Anything from Zondervan?

Any word yet?
Anything we can do to help you?
rthib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #68
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

At this point I have lost hope about other copyright holders.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:32 AM   #69
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

It's been a while since I posted (I have changed three time zones and two jobs since my last post).

Just a heads-up.

I am finishing some upgrades/improvements to the KJV versions (mostly, the paragraphed one) and will be soon uploading them to Amazon. If a regular reader of the Bible is willing to help me test it before I publish it, please send me a PM.

In addition, I am almost finished with the Spanish La Reina-Valera Biblia 1909, which has DVJ and other features of my Bible editions. If there are Spanish speakers who read this Bible regularly, I would appreciate your help with testing it before the release (I do not speak/read Spanish!). PM me please.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #70
jpmahala
jpmahala began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can the WEB version be fully justified? It shows up as left justified on my kindle. Otherwise, it is great!

Thanks,
John
jpmahala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #71
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Justification is actually a sore issue with the Kindle (at least after Kindle 1). In Kindle 1, there was an option whether you wanted left- or fully justified text. Since Kindle 2, all text is forced as fully justified unless the coding enforces left justification.

If I remember correctly, I wanted to test people's preferences regarding the justification, and one or two of my Bibles enforce left justification. You are the first to say anything on the issue for my Bible editions. There is no easy way to switch justification without reconversion. If there are more people that prefer fully justified text, I'll do that as a default.

See more discussions about justification on the Kindle here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51582
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88073
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59512
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66340

Last edited by osnova; 07-24-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #72
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The King James Bible (KJV) (best navigation with Direct Verse Jump) is the 313th most highlighted book by Kindle users.

Congratulations, osnova! Quite an achievement, considering that there are over 630,000 books in the Kindle Store!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-30-2010 at 08:58 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #73
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Wow! I am glad people read the Bible.

===

John (jpmahala), I've made a fully justified WEB and once I test it some more, I'll send it to you through PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #74
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
GREAT WORK !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
All I can say is that I've written Zondervan (and some other publishers about other translations) asking them about a possibility of incorporating DVJ into NIV and their other texts. No response so far.

If I can get a permission, I can do an NIV with DVJ in a couple of weeks (most of it is spent on testing and quality control).
Osnova,

I can hardly wait to get my Kindle 3 LG WiFi at the end of this month to buy all of your DVJ bibles. The Amazon site for the NET Bible does not indicate you have DVJ incorporated. Was it left off that one. I'll only buy the DVJ bibles.

Do you also create DVJ Bibles for Sony? I also have a Sony PRS 900 with the NIV and simply cannot use it in Bible Studies. Its too cumbersome. Thus, I was forced to buy a NowBible for that purpose.

However, the Kindle 3 LG will have much better contrast and long lasting battery life for my purposes.

I wrote Zondervan last year asking them to improve their direct access to individual verses or their product is useless for Bible Studies. I never heard back from them.

P L E A S E ask Zondervan to allow you to enable your DVJ breakthrough for the NIV for both the Kindle 3 LG and the Sony PRS 900. Without it their NIV just doesn't cut it.

Where are your abbreviations located in those 4 Kindle Bibles you already created? I placed all 4 on my Amazon Wish List and will buy all of them once my Kindle3 LG arrives.

Last edited by sirmaru; 08-05-2010 at 04:44 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #75
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

I wrote Zondervan last year asking them to improve their direct access to individual verses or their product is useless for Bible Studies. I never heard back from them.

P L E A S E ask Zondervan to allow you to enable your DVJ breakthrough for the NIV for both the Kindle 3 LG and the Sony PRS 900. Without it their NIV just doesn't cut it.
I agree! I bought the NIV for epub and it's pretty useless, unless you are using it to read straight through. I also wrote to Zondervan about it, but never heard back to them. Unfortunately their customer service doesn't seem to be very good.