Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #31
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
The World English Bible with the Direct Verse Jump is now online at

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VWKFJ6

==========

WT Sharpe is right. I can only work with public domain versions or at the direction/authorization of copyright holders. I am not sure if Zondervan or some other copyright holder for a modern translation would be interested in working with me. I was lucky that the NET Bible team wanted to work with me.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
The World English Bible with the Direct Verse Jump is now online at

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VWKFJ6
And now I have two osnova Bibles on my Kindle.

Quote:
... I can only work with public domain versions or at the direction/authorization of copyright holders. I am not sure if Zondervan or some other copyright holder for a modern translation would be interested in working with me...
You might want to give it a shot; the worst they could do is turn you down. Your Direct Verse Jump navigation is the best I've seen for an eBook Bible.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #33
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Osnova - again a superb job on this. May I recommend that you format the KJV text into actual paragraphs like you have the WEB Bible? That may be a huge undertaking provided what you have to work with from the start.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #34
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a good suggestion. My only concern would be whether people would object to such a change because it would "look" different from their paper copy. Some folks are very particular about their KJVs.

By the way, thanks for your feedback on Amazon. I also think that this version is the best KJV for Kindle, and I welcome any suggestions for improvements.

Last edited by osnova; 11-10-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #35
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
That's a good suggestion. My only concern would be whether people would object to such a change because it would "look" different from their paper copy. Some folks are very particular about their KJVs.
Yes, I have to agree there, there is quite a following of "KJV only" that would be upset.

My thinking is that this is on a EBOOK READER and would benefit from the formatting to make it more pleasurable to read, I can't really see doing any real studying on it. The direct verse jump is nice but the features of your work that I appreciate most is the correct formatting, italics and such.

The addition of "red lettering" would be nice too, although for a b&w ereader perhaps underline or bold would be more in order.

BTW: With Kindle for the PC available this ebook can now be purchased without a Kindle reading device and despite being in the AZW format is not DRM'd and can be converted with Calibre. It works and looks just fine as an ePub - at least on the Calibre viewer.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #36
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
The addition of "red lettering" would be nice too, although for a b&w ereader perhaps underline or bold would be more in order.
Actually, Jesus's words are already in bold in my version of the KJV (underlined letters are very confusing because they appear as links and large portions of underlined text are distracting). The bold on the Kindle is not very conspicuous but look closer and you will notice.

Quote:
BTW: With Kindle for the PC available this ebook can now be purchased without a Kindle reading device and despite being in the AZW format is not DRM'd and can be converted with Calibre. It works and looks just fine as an ePub - at least on the Calibre viewer.
Would you mind sending me in private the ePub that you have? I'll see if I can do better from the original sources, instead of the conversion of a conversion.

Last edited by osnova; 11-24-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #37
romns116
romns116 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I posted this is another thread:

Does anyone know if a parallel Bible is available on the Kindle? If not, how do we go about getting one created?
romns116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #38
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

So far, I have published four Bible translations for the Kindle with my Direct Verse Jump navigation method: three English translations and one Chinese. Each one is a high quality edition (well, I can't guarantee the quality of the Chinese text because I cannot read it but the formatting and navigation are excellent).

Currently, I am working on the Douay Rheims Bible, which is an English translation of the Latin Vulgate. Unfortunately, the available text sources for D-R all contain innumerable typos and OCR errors (this is also true for all Douay Rheims editions currently available in the Kindle Store). I am proofreading the sources that I have (so far I've done about 1/3 of the OT) and will release it when it is ready.

I have contacted copyright holders/ publishers for some popular modern translations to see if they would be willing to cooperate with me in bringing the Direct Verse Jump navigation to their translations. I'll let you know if I hear from them.

I also plan to publish other non-English translations (Russian, Ukrainian, French, etc.) I am also working on Bible dictionaries and encyclopedias.

If you want to see my publications all in one place, read additional information about DVJ and follow the developments, please visit my newly created website OSNOVA Press

I have also gathered there all the comments and feedback that I receive from people on various forums.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #39
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Oh, I forgot to mention that the WEB Bible and some of my dictionaries are on Christmas sale for $0.99.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #40
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Quote:
Osnova - again a superb job on this. May I recommend that you format the KJV text into actual paragraphs like you have the WEB Bible? That may be a huge undertaking provided what you have to work with from the start.
Rootman, I've done what you asked for -- broken up the text into individual paragraphs. Some of the paragraphs are huge though. I am not ready to put the new version on Amazon.

If you are willing to test, I'll send you the new version. I like it personally.

Last edited by osnova; 12-13-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #41
Rootman
Groupie

Sure, fire it at me at the same email address that I sent you the EPUB the other day.

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #42
captcrouton
Connoisseur
captcrouton has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2
Just got the WEB Bible. Thanks for putting this together!
captcrouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #43
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrouton View Post
Just got the WEB Bible. Thanks for putting this together!
You are welcome. Would you mind giving your feedback on Amazon? My edition of the WEB has no feedback so far.

Last edited by osnova; 12-15-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #44
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Rootman and everybody else who likes a paragraphed Bible text (in contrast to the traditional verse-per-line), you may purchase the paragraphed KJV with Direct Verse Jump at the following address:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030T1DPY

Note that the only difference between this new paragraphed KJV (with DVJ) and the traditional verse-per-line KJV (with DVJ) found at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TG4P8Q is the way the text is formatted (paragraphs versus verse-per-line). Please do not purchase this new version if you like the traditional verse-per-line or if you do not think the formatting is important.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #45
captcrouton
Connoisseur
captcrouton has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2
I will, but I haven't got my Kindle yet. I have Kindle for PC to check it out, but I want to use all the features.
captcrouton is offline   Reply With Quote