Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #46
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Actually, its there for International users, but only when going outside their 'Home" countries, which kind of does make more sense.

The prices for books in are already increased by $2-$4 to include the cost of VAT and transmission I believe with Bestseller Going for $12-$14 insted of the $10 in the US.

Its when you leave you registered country that you get a big hit, as you pay an additional $2, which means that you are probably paying it twice over as it is already part of the price when you purchase it from a non US account.
Actually I think the $2 is for Americans that go overseas and buy a book using their American account and then download it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #47
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Actually I think the $2 is for Americans that go overseas and buy a book using their American account and then download it.
It is, but until we see somebody test it, we can't be sure that they won't count each international country separately and thus charge people who bought one in the uk if they went to germany.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #48
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
It is, but until we see somebody test it, we can't be sure that they won't count each international country separately and thus charge people who bought one in the uk if they went to germany.
Certainly true but so far this is just conjecture. The American going overseas is for certain. Of course if your phone would charge roaming if you went to Germany would you expect Amazon to pay that out of the goodness of their heart?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #49
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
I think Your Right, and I overlooked it when reading quickly

Looking at the Terms a little more closely

"Free Wireless: Free 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle. No monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots. For non-U.S. customers, there are also no additional charges for wireless delivery outside your home country. See Coverage Map. See Wireless Terms and Conditions "

Which actually make it a better deal then I was thinking. It means that if you go on holiday, you can still download books at the price you pay at home and get them delivered wireless.

I'm seriously tempted, but at present I'm not very keen on giving amazon any more business them I already am due to their behaviour.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote