Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
melodiousb
melodiousb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Convert from ePub from Sony Library?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, or if someone else has already received an answer to a similar one. If so, I'd be happy to be directed to the right place.

Anyway. I was really interested to hear about Google's scanned public domain books being made available through Sony, and I was hoping that I'd be able to convert the ePub books for use on my Kindle. Is there any way to do this? I took a look at the Sony site, and downloaded their library software, but I can't figure out f there's any way to look at the actual ePub file outside of that program. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Melody
melodiousb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Take the downloaded epub file and put it into Calibre. Calibre will convert the epub to a Mobi/prc file which the Kindle will read. I'd suggest making sure that the book isn't available either here or at Feedbooks first as the formatting is likely to be better.

The books should download into My Documents/My Books/eBook Library

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-28-2009 at 01:59 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Yes. The ePub ends up in "My Documents\My Books\eBook Library" and can be converted to MOBI by Calibre. I did not get a TOC in the case I tried, even though the ePub had one.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Opening an ePub in Mobipocket Reader will auto-generate a .mobi file you can send to your Kindle
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Opening an ePub in Mobipocket Reader will auto-generate a .mobi file you can send to your Kindle
Yep, it will, but from the few I've tried Calibre does a better job with epub than Mobi's software does.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
conversion, epub, kindle, sony ebook store