Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #31
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Hooray!

Yeah, that's it!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #32
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #33
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Darn! I was rooting for "Hip! Hip! Ooops!"
Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #34
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Hey Steve, please let us know when the CityPaper article comes out.
It's now online (I have to go outside and see if it's on the street yet!).

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/display.php?id=36918
Old 03-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Thanks Steve!

Quote:
While Jordan’s self-referential tech-nerdiness is the novel’s most irksome narrative, he seems to have a knack for spelling out the etymology of strange technology: In fact, As the Mirror Cracks would probably make for a better alternative history of virtual reality than a sci-fi novel
I think your next novel should be about free-paper journalist who chokes on a thesaurus while having a bad analogy embolism. j/k

BTW, I have finished Coyote Horizon, and The Lens is next.

I certainly hope I do not find it to be better as an alternate history of space ship maintenance and alien culture diplomacy manual than a sci-fi novel!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #36
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I think your next novel should be about free-paper journalist who chokes on a thesaurus while having a bad analogy embolism. j/k
...I may be able to work that in.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #37
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
I downloaded Berserker for free during Read an E-Book Week and finally got around to reading it a couple of weeks ago. I loved it! Thank you for the free download.

I purchased The Lens when I finished Berserker and read that in a couple of days, too.

Steve, I really like your writing. Firefly was one of my favourite TV series and Berserker is in the same style. Well done! I found The Lens every bit as enjoyable as Berserker, which I think is unusual for a sequel.

I'm going back to your site now, looking for more of your ebooks... Thanks again!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #38
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the kind words! The Kestral stories are fun to write, and I've said before that I could do worse than writing about these characters for the rest of my life. I'm always looking for new story ideas for Kestral, and I've got a few half-baked notions that I might flesh out at one point or another.

Of course, I'm in the middle of a novel now, and it was recently suggested that I consider a full-length sequel to The Onuissance Cells, but I might think of something else between now and then... so who knows what may come out of my fingers next!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #39
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well, you could have the ship hijacked by a Japanese spy menacing them with a squid...

Oh. That's been done. Never mind...

Go to Steve's website and get the bundle if he still has it. you will not regret the purchase at all.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #40
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks, pshrynk, I've looked at Steve's bundles, but I can't decide what to buy, as the 2 books I have are half of one of the bundles.

I've downloaded excerpts, which I'll read tonight. Its much appreciated that you offer excerpts, Steve. I'm sure I'll be going back to buy from your website again very soon
Old 06-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #41
Roseburst
Roseburst began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Looks nice. Will take a peek
Old 06-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #42
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Steve, I really like your writing. Firefly was one of my favourite TV series and Berserker is in the same style.
*sigh* You compared it to Firefly, so now I have to go see what this is all about. I'm never going to get caught up on my reading list!

Old 06-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #43
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
*sigh* You compared it to Firefly, so now I have to go see what this is all about. I'm never going to get caught up on my reading list!
Pobrecita! If we have our way with you, you'll never get caught up! Nyah-hah-hah!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #44
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Dude... this reminds me, I still have to get The Lens. Read Berserker a few months ago.

To many books and not enough time. Ok, there's enough time but my employer prefers I don't read books all day long while I am working for him.

BOb
Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #45
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
To many books and not enough time. Ok, there's enough time but my employer prefers I don't read books all day long while I am working for him.
What a mean boss.
Closed Thread