Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-17-2015, 05:03 AM   #31
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on it. I see it will be available for iPad too, so I may be interested.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #32
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Hyphen reader looks great! A few questions:
  • Since it's named "Hyphen," I'm assuming it has hyphenation. Can hyphenation be turned off/on, or is it always on?
  • Will there be a free version available to try before buying?
  • Does it have syncing abilities to sync current page and/or bookmarks?
Thanks!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #33
hyphenreader
Connoisseur
hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: iPhone [Hyphen Reader]
Hey Odamizu,

I'll reply to your questions inline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
- Since it's named "Hyphen," I'm assuming it has hyphenation. Can hyphenation be turned off/on, or is it always on?
Haha yes, it does have hyphenation. Hyphenation can be toggled off or on via settings.

Quote:
- Will there be a free version available to try before buying?
Yes, a free version will be launching alongside the paid version. You'll be able to try everything out.

Quote:
- Does it have syncing abilities to sync current page and/or bookmarks?
Not yet, but it's something I'm working on. You'll be able to sync the books in your library, highlights, bookmarks and your current page between devices.

Thanks for your interest! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by hyphenreader; 11-17-2015 at 01:03 PM.
hyphenreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:39 AM   #34
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds great, thanks! Looking forward to giving it a whirl on Sunday!
Old 11-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #35
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
hyphenreader:

While Mobileread welcomes new applications related to ebooks and reading, Mobileread has only one place for promotional posts.

If you wish to promote your application, then you will need to post to the Shameless Blog/Review/Website thread, located here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130364

Please be aware that this current thread may only be used to answer questions from members who choose to buy your program.

Promotional posts made outside of the Shameless Blog/Review/Website thread will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #36
hyphenreader
Connoisseur
hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
hyphenreader:

While Mobileread welcomes new applications related to ebooks and reading, Mobileread has only one place for promotional posts.

If you wish to promote your application, then you will need to post to the Shameless Blog/Review/Website thread, located here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130364

Please be aware that this current thread may only be used to answer questions from members who choose to buy your program.

Promotional posts made outside of the Shameless Blog/Review/Website thread will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Don
(Moderator)
I was wondering about this, actually, but wasn't sure what the policy was - thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #37
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenreader View Post
I was wondering about this, actually, but wasn't sure what the policy was - thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:11 AM   #38
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Downloaded the free Hyphen a while ago. Interface is decent, not hard to navigate and I can change the things I want to (margins, spacing, font, colours etc).

Two things I'd like to see are separate pages for each author's book list and two column on the iPad.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:02 AM   #39
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Downloaded the free Hyphen a while ago. Interface is decent, not hard to navigate and I can change the things I want to (margins, spacing, font, colours etc).

Two things I'd like to see are separate pages for each author's book list and two column on the iPad.
Hello kyteflyer,

Thanks for checking out Hyphen, and the feedback. Those are great suggestions, especially the two-column mode, which I've slated for a future release.

I've added them to the issues tracker: https://github.com/hyphen-reader/hyphen/issues

Do let me know if you have any other thoughts or questions
Old 11-22-2015, 01:59 AM   #40
odamizu
just an egg

I just downloaded the free version and gave it a try.

What's the difference between the free and paid versions? (It says the free version is limited. What's missing?)

I really like all the customization options, especially the vast variety of font faces and ADE page numbering. But sadly, the font sizes don't go big enough for my feeble eyes, which makes Hyphen a no-go for me

Also, are there options for page-turn animations? The "slide" animation gives me a headache and I couldn't find a setting to turn this off or switch to another page-turn mode. (I use "fade" in Bluefire Reader, and the page-curling option in BookMaster and Kindle apps. I used to use the "none" option for page turns in Marvin, but then it started flashing, which irritated my eyes so I've stopped using Marvin.)

If the paid version has more font-sizes and page-turn options, I'll gladly pay up.

Thanks!

Last edited by odamizu; 11-22-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:08 AM   #41
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
I just downloaded the free version and gave it a try.

What's the difference between the free and paid versions? (It says the free version is limited. What's missing?)

I really like all the customization options, especially the vast variety of font faces and ADE page numbering. But sadly, the font sizes don't go big enough for my feeble eyes, which makes Hyphen a no-go for me

Also, are there options for page-turn animations? The "slide" animation gives me a headache and I couldn't find a setting to turn this off or switch to another page-turn mode. (I use "fade" in Bluefire Reader, and the page-curling option in BookMaster and Kindle apps. I used to use the "none" option for page turns in Marvin, but then it started flashing, which irritated my eyes so I've stopped using Marvin.)

If the paid version has more font-sizes and page-turn options, I'll gladly pay up.

Thanks!
Hello Odamizu,

The free version is limited in that you can only read the book you've added most recently, and the number of bookmarks/highlights you can make.

I've added your suggestions regarding font size and page turns in the issue tracker.

Out of curiosity, two questions: 1.) what device are you reading on? and 2.) based on the current font size limit, what do you feel is a comfortable font size for you?

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2015, 02:22 AM   #42
Crappycaliber
Crappycaliber began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
No epub3 support? In iBooks and several other readers, when I click a link, it pulls it up onscreen in a seperate bubble, your reader just links me to a list at the back of an article.
Crappycaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:27 AM   #43
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crappycaliber View Post
No epub3 support? In iBooks and several other readers, when I click a link, it pulls it up onscreen in a seperate bubble, your reader just links me to a list at the back of an article.
Hello!

This is actually on my roadmap: https://github.com/hyphen-reader/hyphen/issues/5

At the time though, Hyphen's ePub 3 support is minimal, but I'm working on changing that. Let me know what other ePub 3 capabilities you'd like to see Hyphen provide.

Last edited by hyphenreader; 11-22-2015 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:35 AM   #44
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Two column support on iPad is an absolute prerequisite for me, so I won't buy the app until it's supported. But I will try the free version anyway to see if hyphenation works properly in French, and if I like the interface.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:47 AM   #45
Crappycaliber
Crappycaliber began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenreader View Post
Hello!

This is actually on my roadmap: https://github.com/hyphen-reader/hyphen/issues/5

At the time though, Hyphen's ePub 3 support is minimal, but I'm working on changing that. Let me know what other ePub 3 capabilities you'd like to see Hyphen provide.
That's the only one I'm interested in, plus I would love to see bookmark and location sync between devices. I would buy it if it had those features, until then it doesn't offer anything more for me than Marvin
Crappycaliber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, epub, hyphen, ibooks, ios