Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #46
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I've had a think about it, and I think I've come up with a good compromise between not adding a lot of complexity while still making it easier for people splitting lots of new books.

In the attached version, instead of 'OK' and 'Cancel' buttons, there's now 'New Book' and 'Done'.

When you click 'New Book', it does all the same things it did before: create the book in the DB, prompt you for metadata edits, then create the new epub.

But it doesn't close the source book sections list. So you are already right where you were before and can select more sections for the next split.

Let me know what you think of this version.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-27-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #47
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

Let me know what you think of this version.
Thanks JimmXinu

I think it is an excellent solution, it'll do me.

Be good if someone who uses the plug-in regularly could give an opinion before you release this version

Cheers BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #48
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.2.0 - 27 Jul 2012
Return to list of source EPUB sections after creating a new split EPUB.
Options now stored inside the Library rather than an external JSON file.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #49
Crewmom
Crewmom began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
With this latest update, 0.8.62, it said a Epbusplit update was also available. But after I updated, Epubsplit won't work. I reverted back to Calibre 0.8.61 and EpubSplit still won't work. HELP! I get this error message:

calibre, version 0.8.62
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'copytitle'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.dialogs", line 70, in new_book
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit_plugin", line 150, in _do_split
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.config", line 88, in __getitem__
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\config.py", line 359, in __getitem__
KeyError: u'copytitle'
Crewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #50
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.2.1 - 28 Jul 2012
Allow for old JSON settings with only partial settings.

@Crewmom - I've released a new version that should address your issue. Please confirm that it works for you--assuming that it does.

(It's a corner case condition where you have an older set of saved configuration for the plugin that's not complete.)

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.
Advert
Old 07-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #51
Crewmom
Crewmom began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Thanks, JimmXinu. Works great, now. Thanks for all your work!
Crewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would it be possible to put in an option so it can be selected to not make a new cover and use the one that is already there? If we need a new cover added after the split, we can always use Modify ePub to do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #53
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@JSWolf - If you have the 'Copy Cover' turned on in EpubSplit settings, it does that already.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@JSWolf - If you have the 'Copy Cover' turned on in EpubSplit settings, it does that already.
Thanks. I'll have to look at the options and set it not to monkey about with the covers for the next time.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #55
breusser
breusser began at the beginning.

Device: Droid Razr
Enhancement requests

JimmXinu,

First of all, thanks for the plugin. Managing series with omnibus books has always been a bit annoying and this makes it much easier.

A couple of requests:
- Allow copying custom columns from the source book to the split books
- Option to use the date added from the source book instead of the current date for the split books
- Allow specifying a custom column to automatically store the source book title in the split books

Thanks again!
breusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have a request for being able to view the contents of each individual file. I had a book the other day I wanted to split and I could not use ePubSplit because there were no usable titles to decide which files were the ones I wanted. I had to use Sigil to do this.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #57
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by breusser View Post
A couple of requests:
- Allow copying custom columns from the source book to the split books
That's doable. EpubMerge already does something like that.

Quote:
- Option to use the date added from the source book instead of the current date for the split books
Very doable. In fact, I bit surprised it doesn't already have that option.

Quote:
- Allow specifying a custom column to automatically store the source book title in the split books
Hmmm. Interesting idea. I'll look into it. However, instead of just title, if I do this it'll probably be a calibre template (like plugboards and Generate Cover use) so it can be more than just title.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #58
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a request for being able to view the contents of each individual file. I had a book the other day I wanted to split and I could not use ePubSplit because there were no usable titles to decide which files were the ones I wanted. I had to use Sigil to do this.
I'll see what I can think of, but I really don't want to carry the entire text of the epub around in memory for those rare cases.

Perhaps that's the point you should be switching to a more general editor anyway.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I'll see what I can think of, but I really don't want to carry the entire text of the epub around in memory for those rare cases.

Perhaps that's the point you should be switching to a more general editor anyway.
All that would needed is to be able to display one file at a time and displaying the file as just a plain text file would be fine. No need to render. It's just to see the contents of the file to decide if that's one to keep or toss.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #60
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.2.2 - 23 Sep 2012
  • Add more standard columns to copy list, add custom columns tab to allow copying, make both scrollable in config dialog.
  • Add options to save the source book title/author/etc to a custom column.