Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Metadata plugboard not sending to kobo Aura 2

Calibre is no longer using the metadata plugboard to rename the title when sending to my Kobo Aura 2. I have updated to calibre 3.19, I believe it was still working with calibre 3.16. Only the original title and author fields are sent now, not the plugboard combined title field.

I have the following options set:
Send book to device:
Books/{tags}/{authors}_{series}{series_index:0>2s||_}{title}

metadata plugboards:
KOBOTOUCH
epub – {series}{series_index:0>3s||_}{title} = title and title sort

KOBO
epub – {series}{series_index:0>3s||_}{title} = title

I thought it might be a database error, so I first logged out and then in again to my kobo account, which got rid of the "can't communicate with device" pp-up, but didn't correct the titles. Then did a factory reset on the device and made sure I was using the most recent Calibre, but those changes didn't correct the issue either. The only changes I made that may have impacted the function was to update Calibre to a newer version and I hit "Save" instead of "Cancel" when confirming my 'Send to Device" settings.

Any suggestions to get Calibre talking to the Kobo again would be greatly appreciated!
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:30 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Justy - to confirm your suggestion that the problem is due to the calibre upgrade, uninstall version 3.19 and reinstall 3.16. You won't lose anything by uninstalling 3.19. Previous versions are here.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:36 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Just: Have you recently changed to use the KoboTouchExtended driver? If so, you need to create a metadata plugboard for it rather that the KoboTouch driver.

Also, what "can't communicate with device" pop-up were you seeing? If everything is working correctly, you shouldn't have been seeing any errors.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:35 PM   #4
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Thanks for the suggestion @davidfor. I don't have the KoboTouchExtended driver installed. I have done a completely clean install of Calibre, (went down to version 3.14 in case something broke in a newer version) and started fresh on the Kobo Aura 2. This seems to have worked, even though everything looks the same as before.

Last edited by Justy; 04-22-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: fix worked, updated titles on Kobo appeared as soon as I hit send.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura 2