Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
troubledMan
Connoisseur
troubledMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Kindle Previewer 3 (3.20.1) & annoying indexing

Hi all,

I updated Kindle Previewer to its 3.20.1 version yesterday. I like it very much except for the annoying (for me, at least) indexing thing: every time a mobi file is open with KP 3 (normally, the result of an ePub file converted with kindlegen), KP 3 indexes its content, so I have to wait till the indexing is finished. As I use KP 3 just to verify if the conversion made with kindlegen is OK, my question is if there is a way to avoid indexing in KP 3.
TIA

[Excuse me if this is not the right place to ask this and, of course, for my bad command in English: Spanish is my mother tongue.]

Last edited by troubledMan; 03-03-2018 at 12:46 PM.
troubledMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Not with that model.
Get a model about 5 years newer or learn to wait.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:41 PM   #3
troubledMan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not with that model.
Get a model about 5 years newer or learn to wait.
Model...

To make things (more) clear: I run both kindlegen & Kindle Previewer 3 in a MacBook Pro with High Sierra and I read ebooks in a K3 and in a KV. I normally transfer my books via USB.

I just asked if there is a way to avoid the indexing process of the new version of Kindle Previewer.

Thank you.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledMan View Post
Model...

To make things (more) clear: I run both kindlegen & Kindle Previewer 3 in a MacBook Pro with High Sierra and I read ebooks in a K3 and in a KV. I normally transfer my books via USB.

I just asked if there is a way to avoid the indexing process of the new version of Kindle Previewer.

Thank you.
To make things even clearer -

This forum is concerned only with the grayscale display Kindle e-book readers and the after-market add-ins that we provide for them.

We do not deal with Apple-land applications here, for that, you are in the wrong forum.

Both of the K3 and the KV index the books that are added to them.
On the K3, the user has no control of when that indexing happens.
On the KV, the user does have access to indexer controls.
You original post only mentioned your K3 and your info box only lists your K3, so my original answer did not include the information on the KV.
For those devices that you mentioned, you are on the correct forum.

On the MacBook Pro and any applications for it (even ones with the word: "Kindle" in their name) - you are on the wrong forum.
I did not attempt to answer that part of your original question.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #5
troubledMan
Connoisseur

I'm so sorry... I didn't want to disturb this forum and, in fact, in my first post I expressed my doubts to be in the right one, so I asked for your excuses in that case.

On the other hand, I'd be very grateful if I somebody could point me to right forum, i.e., the one in which the software offered by Amazon to check/convert/make/view mobi files (among other kinds of ebooks), no matter in which OS is running, can be discussed or commented, etc.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
On the other hand, I'd be very grateful if I somebody could point me to right forum, i.e., the one in which the software offered by Amazon to check/convert/make/view mobi files (among other kinds of ebooks), no matter in which OS is running, can be discussed or commented, etc.
That would be the Kindle Formats forum.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I'm so sorry... I didn't want to disturb this forum and, in fact, in my first post I expressed my doubts to be in the right one, so I asked for your excuses in that case.
- - - - -
For part of your question, you do have the correct venue.
See the post above this one for the link to the other forum you need.
(It is a forum I never use, which is why I didn't recall what its name/link is)
Old 03-04-2018, 11:15 AM   #8
troubledMan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That would be the Kindle Formats forum.
Thank you very much! I'll try there.