Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
FREE (Audible Audiobook) The End of the Affair Narrated by Colin Firth

The End of the Affair UNABRIDGED by Graham Greene Narrated by Colin Firth

Quote:
Publisher's Summary

Graham Greene’s evocative analysis of the love of self, the love of another, and the love of God is an English classic that has been translated for the stage, the screen, and even the opera house. Academy Award-winning actor Colin Firth (The King’s Speech, A Single Man) turns in an authentic and stirring performance for this distinguished audio release.
The End of the Affair, set in London during and just after World War II, is the story of a flourishing love affair between Maurice Bendrix and Sarah Miles. After a violent episode at Maurice’s apartment, Sarah suddenly and without explanation breaks off the affair.
This very intimate story about what actually constitutes love is enhanced by Firth's narration. “This book struck me very, very particularly at the time when I read it," he said, "and I thought my familiarity with it would give the journey a personal slant.”
The End of the Affair is part of Audible’s A-List Collection, featuring the world’s most celebrated actors narrating distinguished works of literature that each star helped select.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Thanks!
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Had forgotten audible existed until Colin Firth was mentioned..... made a beeline to it, and encountered..... geo-restrictions, whimper.... I am going to see if my library has this audio book.

(suddenly remembered why audible.com is off my personal radar, and sympathize with others who are restricted from purchasing digital bits)
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Got it, thanks. However anyone else getting this error when trying to download it?

Preparation of audio file failed : unable to load XML file, Unable to load : /audiblewords/content/pr/adbl/003611/aax/pr_adbl_003611_aax_lc_22_64_2_y_s28b.fro.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozron View Post
Got it, thanks. However anyone else getting this error when trying to download it?

Preparation of audio file failed : unable to load XML file, Unable to load : /audiblewords/content/pr/adbl/003611/aax/pr_adbl_003611_aax_lc_22_64_2_y_s28b.fro.
Got the same error. I'll wait a day or two and try again.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Thanks!
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Wow, I paid full price for this when it came out. It was worth every penny...one of the few audio books I had to hear in one day. Colin Firth is the best narrator ever.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is one whereby if I could find it on audio CD I'd put it in my stereo to listen to, free or not.... I could listen to Firth read the phone book.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
This is one whereby if I could find it on audio CD I'd put it in my stereo to listen to, free or not.... I could listen to Firth read the phone book.
Audible content can be burned once to make audio CD's (in case you didn't know)...

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/c/2936
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Audible content can be burned once to make audio CD's (in case you didn't know)...

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/c/2936
That would be cool if Audible allowed Canadians to be customers

(I tried to get it and it wouldn't allow me due to being "out of region".)

Last edited by spindlegirl; 08-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Likewise for Australia, and with TunnelBear, it wouldnt even connect.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
pdops
Zealot
pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:

I feel your pain.

"We're sorry. Due to publishing rights restrictions, we are not authorized to sell this item in the country where you live."

In all fairness it's copyright/publishers that are at fault. I've got a bunch of free books from Audible in the past.
pdops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdops View Post
I feel your pain.

"We're sorry. Due to publishing rights restrictions, we are not authorized to sell this item in the country where you live."

In all fairness it's copyright/publishers that are at fault. I've got a bunch of free books from Audible in the past.
OK. That's good to know from another Canadian. I may not totally ignore Audible altogether then. I'll keep trying until I get something
Old 08-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:

Audible does allow Canadians to be customers, I've bought dozens of audiobooks from them this year. This is actually the first freebie from Audible that's been posted in the past 6 months that wasn't available to Canadians due to geo-restrictions.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Audible does allow Canadians to be customers, I've bought dozens of audiobooks from them this year. This is actually the first freebie from Audible that's been posted in the past 6 months that wasn't available to Canadians due to geo-restrictions.
Thank you. This is good to know. I'll keep checking the site then