Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #91
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
In the heat of debate, peeps don't often notice location etc.
Not even debate. I rarely, if ever, look at a user's profile details. I get to know them through their posts, not their sign-up form. The details I need to answer questions will reveal themselves during the process of answering the original question. I feel no pressure to solve issues in as few words/posts as humanly possible.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #92
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Not even debate. I rarely, if ever, look at a user's profile details. I get to know them through their posts, not their sign-up form. The details I need to answer questions will reveal themselves during the process of answering the original question. I feel no pressure to solve issues in as few words/posts as humanly possible.
Ok, I suggest that if JSWolf comes across a post which he believes cannot be answered properly without the poster's country, he can just tell that person to go ask DiapDealer 😂
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #93
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I don't have any specific reason to hide information; I just think it's unnecessary and intrusive to be asked to provide it in most cases, so I refuse.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:50 AM   #94
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I figure in a country as big as the US, just putting US as a location doesn't give away much. I can understand that someone in a smaller country might feel more concerned.

Wonder if we have anyone on here from one of these really tiny countries

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #95
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I figure in a country as big as the US, just putting US as a location doesn't give away much. I can understand that someone in a smaller country might feel more concerned.

Wonder if we have anyone on here from one of these really tiny countries

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html
Yes, we have a few.

Oh and you will notice I just put my state. I think that is close enough. Heck even if I just put what part of Texas that still covers several hundred miles.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #96
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I have a simple reason for not providing info about my location: I recommend Mobileread to a lot of people I meet professionally as a good source for free e-books. Since I consider my time here free time, I want as few of those people as possible to put two and two together and identify me. Perhaps a bit silly because it doesn't take long here to find out my nationality, but anyway...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #97
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Something like: Planet of the Pudding Brains (doubleshuffle) has me scratching my chin trying to work out which country that's 'code' for.

DiapDealer: you don't need to check the profile, just look under the avatar. I get a little irritated when peeps don't do that with mine, then feel guilty because they're only trying to be helpful.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #98
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Something like: Planet of the Pudding Brains (doubleshuffle) has me scratching my chin trying to work out which country that's 'code' for.
It isn't code for any country; it's a Doctor Who quote - he's referring to our lovely planet.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #99
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:

<snips>
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
It isn't code for any country; it's a Doctor Who quote - he's referring to our lovely planet.
Whoa, there goes your nerd cred, right down the toilet, BookCat!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #100
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
DiapDealer: you don't need to check the profile, just look under the avatar. I get a little irritated when peeps don't do that with mine, then feel guilty because they're only trying to be helpful.
You'd be irritated with me, then, because that's exactly what I was talking about. I almost never even glance at the stuff below the avatar. Heck, I barely look at the avatar, for that matter.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #101
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I hide avatars, so I always glance at poster's profile. If I'm going to respond I'll take note of the posters location - if UK, Aus, or NZ then I might make an oblique reference a dead parrot in respect to Python, otherwise I probably wouldn't.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #102
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Hitch: nerd cred, what nerd cred?!

Me, a nerd? Never!

Pudding Brain, how insulting! I suppose that's because earth inhabitants eat lots of pudding.

@BetterRed: "If it wasn't nailed to the perch it would be pushing up the daisies." Now have I got some nerd cred? At least I know Python, Monty that is, not the Geek computer version.

Last edited by BookCat; 12-16-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #103
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
@Hitch: nerd cred, what nerd cred?!

Me, a nerd? Never!

Pudding Brain, how insulting! I suppose that's because earth inhabitants eat lots of pudding.
Had a bread but no butter pudding yesterday. The reason for no butter is I forgot to put it in.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #104
BookCat
C L J

Cin, now that IS being a pudding brain.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:08 PM   #105
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Had a bread but no butter pudding yesterday. The reason for no butter is I forgot to put it in.
I recall my granny's bread pudding, using dark rye. It was as heavy as lead, okay-ish when first made, but leave it on the shelf for a week and you could sole your boots with it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote