Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #16
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I didn't even know I was getting a credit and I just got the email saying they had added it to my account. Pleasant surprise.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #17
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, iPod Touch, 3-160GB iPod classics
I got my credit this morning..$393. Wow, I didn't think I had purchased that many books.
Paegan2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm confused; I haven't been paying attention. If I got money in the previous settlement, should I automatically get money now?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamborine View Post
I bought a $10 item on Amazon this morning & it was paid for with a gift card balance that I didn't know I had. Checked and saw that I was credited with $96.26 today!! Just got the email a little while ago.
Can it be used for non kindle purchases like physical books?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #20
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
It's a gift card amount - it can be used for anything on Amazon.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #21
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm confused; I haven't been paying attention. If I got money in the previous settlement, should I automatically get money now?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Yes. It's showing as a regular gift card.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
If it is a gift card balance, it can be used for anything.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #23
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Yes, the Amazon credit comes in the form of an Amazon Gift Card and can be used to purchase any item!

I've already spent mine.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #24
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paegan2246 View Post
I got my credit this morning..$393. Wow, I didn't think I had purchased that many books.
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #25
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
42 bucks - woohoo.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #26
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My credit from Amazon says:

Quote:
Apple, Inc. (Apple) funded this credit to settle antitrust lawsuits brought by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books (eBooks). As a result of this Settlement, qualifying eBook purchases from any retailer are eligible for a credit.
How odd that Apple had to credit me for books I purchased from Amazon. I'm sure they can afford it.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #27
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I got $1.57 from Amazon. What does that have to do with Apple books, which I have never purchased, nor do I have any Apple accounts of any kind?
It was for any books bought from the major publishers during the time period they were found to be colluding amongst themselves and with Apple to raise prices. It was the time that Agency Pricing was invoked by 5 of the 6 publishers at Apple's insistence.

I am guessing you did not buy a lot of books from the major publishers based on your refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Yes. Your first settlement was from the Publishers who settled out of court. Apple fought the case and lost. Then it lost the appeal. So this is the money that Apple owes folks. It is significantly higher then the other payout because Apple fought the case.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #28
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Wow. I got nothing in the previous settlements, and I got $40 from Apple. I know I never bought an Agency book-freebies and sale books only. Oh well, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #29
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Mine's $138.54 at Amazon , haven't checked anywhere else yet.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #30
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Wow. I got nothing in the previous settlements, and I got $40 from Apple. I know I never bought an Agency book-freebies and sale books only. Oh well, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
The earlier settlement I got was way over $100, closer to $200 as I recall. But I never received a penny of it. Not sure what happened with it. At least Apple paid, though they fought it tooth and nail.