Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #46
unoprata
unoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo
Image link please

Hi guys,

I just upgraded my Glo to 3.2.0 and the touch screen stopped working... I think it's because of the two fingers hack I had previously installed... Would anyone send me a link to an image?

Model: N613

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #47
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by unoprata View Post
Hi guys,

I just upgraded my Glo to 3.2.0 and the touch screen stopped working... I think it's because of the two fingers hack I had previously installed... Would anyone send me a link to an image?
Have you tried a full factory reset, first?
Advert
Old 02-24-2014, 11:11 PM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
How did you do the upgrade? Via WiFi or did you download the firmware file? For the latter, did you put all files onto the device? If you didn't install boot images, this would explain it.

You should be able to recover by doing a factory reset using the buttons. Hold the power slider in the off position for at least 20 seconds. Then, while holding the light button down, turn it on. Release the light button when it the LED starts flashing. If that doesn't install the factory firmware, try it again, but hold everything a little longer.

But, I'll send you a PM with the link just in case.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #49
unoprata
unoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of light

Factory Reset!

Hey guys!

Yeah, I tried the factory reset afterwards and it solved my problems...
Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the link! I'll keep it as a backup...

So sad for not having the Multitouch now in 3.2.0, but hopefully someone figures it out...

See ya!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #50
yoppyman
yoppyman began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Glo
Glo image...

My glo is bricked. I didn't modify it, it just went dead this morning.
Can somebody send me a factory image please.
I always had problems wit it, but, this time it's dead.

Thank you.
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yoppyman: Have you tried a factory reset using the buttons? Before you open the device, put it on to charge for a couple of hours and try the instructions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post2788705. There is a good chance that will fix things.

And just in case, I have sent a PM with the link.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #52
yoppyman
yoppyman began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
yoppyman: Have you tried a factory reset using the buttons? Before you open the device, put it on to charge for a couple of hours and try the instructions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post2788705. There is a good chance that will fix things.

And just in case, I have sent a PM with the link.
Thank you davidfo,
For the quick response and for sending me the image anyways.
You where entirely right.
I cant believe a thought of re-image the card before resetting the device...

Anyways the hard reset worked perfectly.

Thank you again.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #53
frans_nl
frans_nl began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
kobo crash

can someone please provide me a sd-card image? my kobo is't working anymore and i did all the reset's but no one is working.

thank
Old 04-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

frans_nl: I have sent you a PM with the link to an image for a Kobo Glo. I assumed that is what you have as you posted in this thread. But, with just "KOBO" in your profile, i can't be sure.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:21 AM   #55
rapzzard
rapzzard began at the beginning.

davidfor : I need kobo glo image, too. would you send me it, please?
Old 04-25-2014, 04:35 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 05-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #57
howama
howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.

Device: kobo glo
Hi,

Could somebody point me at a kobo glo image please?
(or if anyone has one, an image with koreader, ssh, etc installed)

I accidentally corrupted the wrong card when experimenting with the android images..
Old 05-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

howama: I feel I should make you write "I will check the SD card twice before formaating" 100 on the blackboard before sending you the image. But, if you're anything like me, I know it wouldn't help

PM sent with the link. All the images I have are post factory reset images. Absolutely nothing extra is on them.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #59
howama
howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.howama has met Morla.

Device: kobo glo
I will check the SD card twice before formating

Many Thanks davidfor - back up and running again.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #60
wamsaya
wamsaya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Hi,

my glo is saught in a restoring loop which starts everytime I turn it on. Could you provide me with an image of the internal sd as well?

Tx a lot
Closed Thread