Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Kingsoft Office

One of the tech sites I visit mentioned Kingsoft Office as being one of the better office suits for the Android platform.

I downloaded it from; http://www.kingsoftstore.com/kingsoft-office-android (it is free), installed it as I normally do from my FTP server without any problems - I think it is also available from the play store.

It works without any problems that I can see on our rather old Android version - been using it for just over two weeks now.

The only complaint that I have, and it is personal preferences, is that it saves in microsoft formats rather than open doc formats.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Oh, this looks nice. Thanks for the tip
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Do you think I'm a bit freak as this is one of the programs I discovered in my first week with Galaxy Tab? I like a lot how it works.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
It is nice, but how do I find the settings or options page... I want to set up my cloud drives....
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Touch the 'save as' icon and it will bring up a menu headed Location ¦ Cloud Storage. If you select Cloud Storage it will show 'Save file to ... and then list Google Drive, Dropbox, BOX and SkyDrive. Select which one you want to use and it opens the login page for the service, fill in your details and continue to login and save the file.

I have to say that those are the only supported cloud storage providers available at the moment as far as I can see. Also I have never used this function because we have our own storage setup on our FTP server and there is no way I will put company information on a server in the US because of their snooping NSA.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Talking Kingston Office save to cloud

Thanks... I'll hunt it down....
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote