Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #1
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Page count from Goodreads

I have a custom column for page count in Calibre, and I want to know if there's a quick and easy way to import just the page count into that field from Goodreads. Any advice would be appreciated.
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Plugin Count Pages includes exactly that functionality.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
mdclanahan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Plugin Count Pages includes exactly that functionality.
I have that plugin installed, but it doesn't work properly because my books don't have the appropriate Goodreads ID. Is there a way to automate the process of importing the Goodreads ID, too? The Goodreads metadata source plugin isn't importing the Goodreads ID.

Last edited by mdclanahan; 09-22-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclanahan View Post
I have that plugin installed, but it doesn't work properly because my books don't have the appropriate Goodreads ID. Is there a way to automate the process of importing the Goodreads ID, too? The Goodreads metadata source plugin isn't importing the Goodreads ID.
There's something wrong, because usually that metadata updates the id (at me, at least). And the only way to download those ids is through Goodreads_Sync, but it's not a bulk download without human interaction, you have to accept every change.

Anyway, there's no way I know to download info from goodreads without having the id.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:44 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
The Goodreads metadata source plugin isn't importing the Goodreads ID.
The Goodreads Metadata plugin works fine for me. My library has

11049 books
10669 ISBN identifiers
10662 Goodreads identifiers

Of those 128 were added in the last 4 months.

120 Goodreads identifiers
111 ISBN identifiers

After a run with the extract ISBN plugin and second pass at retrieving the metadata the results ended up.

127 Goodreads identifiers
120 ISBN identifiers

So the Goodreads Metadata plugin has been working fine for me in regards to retrieving Goodreads identifiers.

Sometimes it takes two passes the first might just add an ISBN, Google or Amazon identifier, after adding another pass will often then find the Goodreads identifier. Most of the time though only one pass is required.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-23-2017 at 07:21 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
As the others have said, the Goodreads metadata source plugin is working to populate the goodreads identifier here. You might want to check the plugins configuration to make sure that saving the identifier is enabled.

If you think something is going wrong, post the contents of the log when you fetch the metadata. There is a button at the bottom of the results dialog to show the log.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #7
mdclanahan
Connoisseur

Thanks, everyone! I got it working.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
mdclanahan
Connoisseur