Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #1
hpdung99
hpdung99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Unhappy [HELP] Kobo Aura One stuck at USB support screen of KSM 8.

I'm panic right now so sorry if i made any grammatical errors

This morning when I connect it to the USB cable to transfer my files (with KSM 8 USB support enabled), things went wrong. I was able to do it properly at first (and for the last 2 weeks), but then the USB connection has some problem. It ejected the device (by itself i supposed, because I didn't even touch the USB wire), I noticed it was disconnected due to the notification sound on my PC.

Then I wasn't able to touch any options on my Kobo, including 'usb disable.sh'. The whole screen didn't respond. I tried to reset (both casual and factory reset with the method here) but seems like i couldn't even reset my device. It just stuck at the USB screen

When I tried to reconnect the device to my PC, well, there's a notification sound to let me know that the device is connected, however, things get worse since my PC couldn't regconize my Kobo Aura One

So can anyone figure out what i might have done wrong and how to fix it ? ty
hpdung99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:31 AM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I guess your device is still unresponsive. Or is it again responsive and only the usb connection does still not work? If your device is still unresponsive and shows the KSM usb screen, your device is possibly still powered on. Try to force it to power down by pressing and holding the power button for at least 25 seconds (the screen will not change, therefore you cannot see at which point the device is powered off). Then try to power it on.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2017, 04:27 AM   #3
hpdung99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I guess your device is still unresponsive. Or is it again responsive and only the usb connection does still not work? If your device is still unresponsive and shows the KSM usb screen, your device is possibly still powered on. Try to force it to power down by pressing and holding the power button for at least 25 seconds (the screen will not change, therefore you cannot see at which point the device is powered off). Then try to power it on.
First, thanks for replying.
Well I tried to turn it off and on, and even try to perform a hard reset for like 20 times over the last 4 hours and it still shows ksm usb screen, and unresponsive
Old 11-16-2017, 04:47 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdung99 View Post
Well I tried to turn it off and on, and even try to perform a hard reset for like 20 times over the last 4 hours and it still shows ksm usb screen, and unresponsive
What tshering was trying to say, is that for the factory reset to work, the device must be off. And, if it is off, it might turn on properly. You don't actually know what state the device is in. Force it off by holding the power button down for 20 seconds or so, and then try turning it on. Or the factory reset.

And make sure you have actually charged it for a while.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:49 AM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
What happened when you tried to turn it on? Did the led indicate that something is happening? If not, did you try to force it to first properly power down?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 AM   #6
hpdung99

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What tshering was trying to say, is that for the factory reset to work, the device must be off. And, if it is off, it might turn on properly. You don't actually know what state the device is in. Force it off by holding the power button down for 20 seconds or so, and then try turning it on. Or the factory reset.

And make sure you have actually charged it for a while.
Sorry if i misunderstood tshering idea.

So here is what I've done so far, step by step, which literally would help me to "factory reset" my device, but it keep stuck at the USB support screen instead.

1) Charged it for 3 hours. I believe the battery should be fully charged.
2) I turned the device off by holding the power button for 30s (the led indicator in the upper right corner went off)
3) I wait 30 seconds, then I press n hold the power button again (which would perform a hard-reset to my device)
4) Repeat step 1-3 every 2 hours over the last 24 hours

Sorry because i'm new, but did I do the reset method properly? If does, then idk why it didn't go to the restore screen
Old 11-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Sorry if i misunderstood tshering idea.

So here is what I've done so far, step by step, which literally would help me to "factory reset" my device, but it keep stuck at the USB support screen instead.

1) Charged it for 3 hours. I believe the battery should be fully charged.
2) I turned the device off by holding the power button for 30s (the led indicator in the upper right corner went off)
3) I wait 30 seconds, then I press n hold the power button again (which would perform a hard-reset to my device)
4) Repeat step 1-3 every 2 hours over the last 24 hours

Sorry because i'm new, but did I do the reset method properly? If does, then idk why it didn't go to the restore screen
As long as you didn't unplug the device after step 1, it should be right.

Sorry, other than this, I don't have anything to suggest. I haven't gotten into trouble with my Aura ONE. But, I did try the factory reset like this when I first got it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #8
hpdung99

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As long as you didn't unplug the device after step 1, it should be right.

Sorry, other than this, I don't have anything to suggest. I haven't gotten into trouble with my Aura ONE. But, I did try the factory reset like this when I first got it.
Appreciate your help!