Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
Gozer404
Gozer404 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T2
Angry Strange behavior when sending book to device

Latest version of Calibre 3.10 64bits used, Windows 7 and an old PRST2...

I've been using Calibre for years now on this device and since a few versions I have difficulties to transmit books to the device.

I will attach screendumps of my last problem:
  • book selected in calibre and sent to device:
    [Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
  • task finishes correctly
  • switched view to the sd card of the device
  • the path and file names are correct BUT the author and title is wrong
  • stangely this was the author and title of the last book entered in the main library on the PC
Any ideas?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-26-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Gozer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #2
Gozer404

Sorry this post is probably in wrong forum.... Is it possible to "move" it to E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices ?
Advert
Old 10-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You've got two books sharing the same location on the device. That can happen depending on various things, sunch as the file name template in the send to device settings, the metadata int he books, the state of the database on the device, etc.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #4
Gozer404

Arrow Some more explanations.

Metadata is correct: can be checked in first screendump and task screen dump and in this other screendump: [Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

First problem:
  • After sending to the device instead of having the correct title & author (seems that they "were" known at some point because the path is correct - Can be checked in 3rd screendump) the book has another author&title

Second problem (is probably linked ?) the last screen dump shows that Calibre (?) thinks that the book is in double (probably because the title & author are wrong as in the first problem).

BTW I tried to send several books in a single command and ALL had the same author&title in device

Configuration when sending to device is {author_sort}/{authors} - {title} (same configuration in device configuration) . Management of metadata is automatic

Do you have any idea of where I can check with the debug mode ?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-26-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Added one picture
Old 10-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I didnt write the T2 driver but if it is anything like the old PRS drivers it gets its on device metadata from the db on the device. So if it is getting erroneous metadata it is likely your device db is malfunctioning, probably because it has too many entries.

I dont really have anyt advice for you other than resetting the device and putting fewer books on it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #6
Gozer404

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if it could be linked to the size of the db inside the device (in fact it contains a full copy of the db on my pc, around 5k books..)
Old 10-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prst2