Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatluckyguy View Post
Are you sure? Because the same KOReader version has a faulty dictionary alongside the 9960 firmware version, while performing well on 9587.
It just means that maybe KOReader needs to be fixed to work properly with the 4.6.9995.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #62
thatluckyguy
Maybe a Nice Guy
thatluckyguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It just means that maybe KOReader needs to be fixed to work properly with the 4.6.9995.
Until then, PSA: If you're using KOReader dictionary actively, it's better to stay with the previous firmwares where it works.
thatluckyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #63
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you're looking at the 'Authors' tab it gets stuck on 'Cover view' even if you set it back to 'List view' on the device. The only way I could get it back to 'List view' was by manually editing the .conf file to
Code:
LastLibraryViewType_author=viewBy5List()
as Stevex said. It seems that changing the setting via the Kobo GUI is not actually writing the change back to the .conf file.

Using the GUI to change between 'List view' and 'Cover view' seems to work OK when viewing MyBooks.
I'll try that now, thanks a lot!
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #64
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Seems to be working fine on my Mark 5 Aura. Nice and fast, no unexpected behavior, and the two-finger swipe to adjust lighting seems to finally(!) work like it used to (the primary reason I've stuck with 3.12.1 for so long).

I like the overall improvements to the user interface, but I hate the home screen. The "old" home screen didn't look as "designed", so I understand why Kobo changed it, but at least it reflected the user's actions and made it convenient to get back to the things one used most frequently. The new home screen is certainly prettier to look at but is, I think, considerably less functional.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #65
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember that with the new layout that while reading a book you can use the three bars at the top left to directly navigate to most areas of the device so you don't have to look at the main screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2017, 01:29 AM   #66
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Anyone tried night mode on Aura One?
To me it makes the reader buggy, missing reading books...
Thanks
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:03 AM   #67
Bambur_vmf
Bambur_vmf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobold Aura ONE
Hello. Cyrillic alternative keyboard patch doesn't work In last firmware. I have a message "find_base_address = `æ\0à\0è\0ì\0ò\0`" is not found. Can anybody help?
Bambur_vmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #68
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Seems to be working fine on my Mark 5 Aura. Nice and fast, no unexpected behavior, and the two-finger swipe to adjust lighting seems to finally(!) work like it used to (the primary reason I've stuck with 3.12.1 for so long).
First post after longtime lurking with no user! :-)

I have a Mark 5 Aura, too (the original 2013 edition).

I'm also staying for the forseable future on 3.12.1: for it's stability and full (beta) features... not so much for it's perfomance.

Is this 4.6.9995 firmware version showing better performance than the good ol' 3.12.1?

I'm specially interested in the Collections response time; I usually wait for two minutes (or so) before I reach them. I do keep 14.774 books 239 collections, storing them on a 32Gb Class 4 uSD SanDisk Card that I manage with Calibre.

I've tried other firmware versions (including 4.5.9587 and 4.6.9960) but so far the Collections' access time doesn't improve (and I don't use the rest of the new features) so I keep downgrading to 3.12.1.

That being said: any advice on upgrading my Aura (or not) to this new firmware?

BTW: I'm chilean (spanish native speaker) so please forgive any mispelling or grammar errors; my written english is rather rusty.

Thanks in advance,

Incanus
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:38 AM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
First post after longtime lurking with no user! :-)

I have a Mark 5 Aura, too (the original 2013 edition).

I'm also staying for the forseable future on 3.12.1: for it's stability and full (beta) features... not so much for it's perfomance.

Is this 4.6.9995 firmware version showing better performance than the good ol' 3.12.1?

I'm specially interested in the Collections response time; I usually wait for two minutes (or so) before I reach them. I do keep 14.774 books 239 collections, storing them on a 32Gb Class 4 uSD SanDisk Card that I manage with Calibre.

I've tried other firmware versions (including 4.5.9587 and 4.6.9960) but so far the Collections' access time doesn't improve (and I don't use the rest of the new features) so I keep downgrading to 3.12.1.

That being said: any advice on upgrading my Aura (or not) to this new firmware?

BTW: I'm chilean (spanish native speaker) so please forgive any mispelling or grammar errors; my written english is rather rusty.

Thanks in advance,

Incanus
Yes, 4.6.9995 is faster than 3.12.1.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #70
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
I am happy to have the Chapter Refresh feature on the Aura HD - I have always used that on my Aura 6".

Speed is fine for me, but I keep a fairly small number of books on my reader.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #71
Incanus
Incanus

Talking Firmware 4.6.9995 on Kobo Aura 2013: faster on Collections?

Quote:
Yes, 4.6.9995 is faster than 3.12.1.
Thanks for your prompt reply but, well, you don't use a Kobo Aura, do you?

Any Kobo Aura (2013 Edition) users out there that may qualify this answer?

Specially regarding the Collections' time response on rather extensive libraries, mind you.

Gratefully yours,

Incanus
Old 10-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks for your prompt reply but, well, you don't use a Kobo Aura, do you?

Any Kobo Aura (2013 Edition) users out there that may qualify this answer?

Specially regarding the Collections' time response on rather extensive libraries, mind you.

Gratefully yours,

Incanus
It's faster on the H2O. So why would it not be faster in the Aura?
Old 10-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #73
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
It's faster on the H2O. So why would it not be faster in the Aura?
Well... other than CPU and RAM differences between both devices, I'm sure I couldn't tell you why?

BTW, I'm assuming you're using the Aura H20 2104 Edition... and if so, yes, the Aura should be as fast as the H2O, having quite similar specs.

Sorry to nag: how big is your Collections / library catalog? Do you store it on main/onboard memory or do you use a uSD card?

Thanks in advance,

Incanus

Last edited by Incanus; 10-15-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Well... other than CPU and RAM differences between both devices, I'm sure I couldn't tell you why?

BTW, I'm assuming you're using then Aura H20 2104 Edition... and if so, yes, the Aura should be as fast as the H2O, having quite similar specs.

Sorry to nag: how big is your Collections / library catalog? Do you store it on main/onboard memory or do you use a uSD card?

Thanks in advance,

Incanus
I have 92 collections and 180 books all in internal storage.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #75
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
I have 92 collections and 180 books all in internal storage.
OK. Then you probably won't have any problems with your device's catalog management and time response.

Thanks for your patience and kind reply!

Well, if anyoone else has an Aura 2013 "overflowing" ebooks on a uSD card with a large Collections set, I'd be happy to know about your experience with this new firmware.

Doubting to upgrade yet,

Incanus