Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #106
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by misojogi View Post
I have a koreader instaled on Android
but I can not open DJVU file, because it not contains a DJVU engine
what i should do?
KOReader does have an engine that it uses to read PDF and DjVu, in fact KOReader's history is as an improved PDF reader for Kindles. It is now much more than that, and does allow reading DjVu files. I don't know why it is not working on your device, but you might try reinstalling KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:42 AM   #107
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
Quote:
but you might try reinstalling KOReader.
I have been trying diferent version of Koreader: all stable version and sam nightly version, but it not solved my problem
and the oldest version is only ZIP, not APK - i canot install it.

Last edited by misojogi; 05-19-2017 at 05:57 PM.
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #108
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misojogi View Post
I have trying diferent version of Koreader: all stable version and sam nightly version, but it not solved my problem
and the oldest version is only ZIP, not APK - i canot install it.
The Android version isn't working on all Android devices, on some it won't even install. It may be that your device is one that it will not work on, yet.

You could raise the issue at the project on Github, for your device.

Luck;
Ken
Old 02-18-2017, 06:27 AM   #109
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There's already one about Android devices not working: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/673

I'm not sure how current it still is. My Zenfone 2 is still not working, but it's not due to being Intel-based like I thought when I acquired it.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:45 PM   #110
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Koreader works properly on my device, but DJVU dont have an engine for it. There isnt it for djvu http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/

Quote:
(Koreader has) not found engine for this file (DJVU)
-------------------------------
my device is E60QH2
http://www.netronixinc.com/products.aspx?ID=1
info
https://fccid.io/NOIKB-E60QH2

procesor
Freescale iMX 6SoloLite@1GHz+GPU
1448x1072 pixels
16grey level
Flash memory 4GB or 8GB eMMC
MicroSD - support SDHC up to 32GB
116mmx169mmx19mm
http://www.netronixinc.com/NetronixW...0151218360.jpg

Last edited by misojogi; 02-19-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Advert
Old 02-20-2017, 05:23 AM   #111
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought it was you who pointed out that this is a known Android issue?

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1534
Old 02-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #112
misojogi
Enthusiast

Yes, i have found it on github
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1919
but noobody has been solving it yet :-(

Ansver:
Quote:
Yes, currently DJVU is not supported on Android no matter what the file name is. The problem is we didn't have a straightforward way to compile the same Djvulibre for Android and the other platforms. Although there are other projects like EBookdroid that have succeeded to run Djvulibre on Android, they may have done major refactoring to the original Djvulibre lib and the patches are not available in the upstream Djvulibre repo. So in order to support DJVU on Koreader for Android we either need to maintain a bunch of platform-specific patches or waiting for the upstream Djvulibre to support Android. And we prefer the latter option. But if someone send a pull request of the first option it's sweet too.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2044
Old 04-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #113
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi, how can I add custom fonts on koreader?
Thanks
aklenatlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:51 AM   #114
Frenzie
Wizard

I think just ./fonts in the data directory should generally do the trick. Hopefully also on Android!

Edit: but the bigger question might be how to find the data directory. Any Android KOReader users around?

Last edited by Frenzie; 04-21-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #115
Ken Maltby
Wizard

The Fonts have their own folders in the "koreader" directory. You could try adding your fonts to the appropriate folder. I have added a number of .ttf fonts to the "freefont" folder. It has been a while since I did this for the android version (I broke my tablet), but as I remember it I just put them into the download .apk (along with some other changes) then signed the modified .apk (using EasyApkDisassembler.V1.3.2). Those .apk installed fine on my old tablet.

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #116
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can't find any folder named "font/Font/fonts/Fonts", here 2 screens of the koreader directory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-04-21_17-42-05.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	156293   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-04-21_17-42-09.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	156294  
Old 04-21-2017, 02:45 PM   #117
Frenzie
Wizard

In that case it's possible that this is unsupported on Android without repacking the apk. You could try creating a "fonts" directory yourself, see the Kobo release for what the folder structure looks like there.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #118
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I'll try it out for my Galaxy7 Active. With the version 848 that I have on it now, that I didn't add my usual custom fonts, I can see a whole lot of fonts selectable, 3 pages worth, most probably from the Android 7 OS, but I do see and can select the fonts that come with the KOReader download .apk and are in the fonts/freefonts folder (and a number of others from the download). I will make the changes to the .apk and report back.

Luck;
Ken

It won't install, says the .apk is corrupt. Ill try it with my older download. I guess I need to update the disassembler, the signed .apk is not being accepted anymore. The old downloaded/unmodified .apk installs ok.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 04-21-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:19 AM   #119
aklenatlus
Enthusiast

Creating the folders fonts/freefonts within the koreader directory did the trick!!
Thank you so much!
Old 04-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #120
Frenzie
Wizard

You mean the one in the screenshot?