Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #2251
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
<never mind....not funny enough to warrant the backlash from the humorless P.C. types.>
Aw, what a killjoy. I'm not necessarily P.C., but I can be quite humorless.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:29 AM   #2252
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Currently listening to Provenance, by Ann Leckie. She's won every SF award out there in the last few years, and it's well deserved. Such a pleasure to listen to SF that isn't male-centric.

If you haven't ever read (or listened to) anything by her, start with Ancillary Justice.
She seems to be another of those award winning authors that I'm suppose to like but am never able to warm up to. I've started Ancillary Justice a couple of times and never got very far into it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:30 AM   #2253
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HD 8.9, Fire HD8
I would say that it took me a bit to get into Ancillary Justice, but ultimately I quite enjoyed it. I have it 4 stsrs, and the sequel 5 stars.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:35 AM   #2254
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad Air 2, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura,KGlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I would say that it took me a bit to get into Ancillary Justice, but ultimately I quite enjoyed it. I have it 4 stsrs, and the sequel 5 stars.
Same; it took me a good 100-150 pages to get sucked in, and I really liked the sequels. They weren't the page-turning compulsive reading that say the NK Jemisin series was, but still good, and one of those series that improves with time, rather than disappearing in my memory. Provenance is standalone, and doesn't require reading the Ancillary series first, though they are set in the same universe.

I've just finished* the Lady Trent/Natural History of Dragons series by Marie Brennan, and enjoyed them greatly. I read the first two a while back and liked them well enough, but then found that the third, fourth and fifth each improved on the last. I like a series with a well-thought-out series arc as well as the individual arcs within each novel. I'm glad I wasn't spoiled for the long arc.

*ETA: Sorry, I thought this was the What are you reading? thread. I read these on text, not audio, but I'm leaving this in for posterity nevertheless.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #2255
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
As part of my summer-themed reading, I'm listening to Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann, set in New York at the time of Nixon's resignation and Philippe Petit's amazing feat. Various narrators for the different first-person sections of the books. Recommended. It won the National Book Award for Fiction in 2009.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations