Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #37321
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
One of my rare trips out to the grocery store resulted in a strange encounter: I was reading a price label. Another customer came up, saw my very blue quad-cane, and began to slowly and loudly read the contents of the price tag to me.

I just walked away before I doubled over laughing.

My best guess is that this person somehow thought that a non-elderly person (I'm younger than most on MR) using any type of cane was legally blind. But who knows? Ableds are weird.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Yesterday at 09:46 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #37322
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
One of my rare trips out to the grocery store resulted in a strange encounter: I was reading a price label. Another customer came up, saw my very blue quad-cane, and began to slowly and loudly read the contents of the price tag to me.

My best guess is that this person somehow thought that a non-elderly person (I'm younger than most on MR) using any type of cane was legally blind. But who knows? Ableds are weird.
Well....(trying to think of that silver-lining thing here). At least it's a willing-to-help abled????? Better than that, some d*ck that slams into the handicapped space at the Grocery in front of ya! It drives me nuts when I see that. It's the only time in my otherwise relatively sane brain that I have a momentary impulse of destruction toward someone's car, and NO, I've never done it. Impulses are not acts. It's like seeing that jerk that takes up two damn spaces at Xmastime, on 12/23 (December 23rd) at the mall, ya know? Around here, you can literally be 1/2- to 1-mile away, walking-wise, from the store entrance, at that time of year. I get very very cranky about two-space parkers and don't tell me that they don't "know." They know.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:25 PM   #37323
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

Isn't it just the age-old story of the caned vs. the abled?
cc_in_oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:35 PM   #37324
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Well....(trying to think of that silver-lining thing here). At least it's a willing-to-help abled????? Better than that, some d*ck that slams into the handicapped space at the Grocery in front of ya! It drives me nuts when I see that. It's the only time in my otherwise relatively sane brain that I have a momentary impulse of destruction toward someone's car, and NO, I've never done it. Impulses are not acts. It's like seeing that jerk that takes up two damn spaces at Xmastime, on 12/23 (December 23rd) at the mall, ya know? Around here, you can literally be 1/2- to 1-mile away, walking-wise, from the store entrance, at that time of year. I get very very cranky about two-space parkers and don't tell me that they don't "know." They know.

Hitch

I'm reminded of that Lucy Liu line from "Ally McBeal" to the person in the wheelchair: "What the hell do you people want? You already get all the best parking spaces."

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:35 PM   #37325
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Isn't it just the age-old story of the caned vs. the abled?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:39 PM   #37326
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I'm reminded of that Lucy Liu line from "Ally McBeal" to the person in the wheelchair: "What the hell do you people want? You already get all the best parking spaces."

ApK
Click image for larger version

Name:	notwerewolves.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	208955
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness