Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 02-05-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
Visigoth
Visigoth began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T
Can't get Sunrise to install files onto my PDA

Still having problems getting Sunrise to run with my PalmOS5 PDA.
I have Plucker installed and working.
However, whenever I do a Hotsync I get this message in my Hotsync log:

-- WARNING: Could not open /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Secure Digital (0x10004403)
OK Sunrise XP with 1 message(s)

I'm not sure why Sunrise can't communicate with my SD card. I thought it might be the SD card, but I've tried it with a second SD card and I get the same message.

Anyone else having this problem out there?
Thanks for any feedback.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
The error you're getting is SYNCERR_TOO_MANY_OPEN_FILES. This might be due to another conduit (that runs before Sunrise XP conduit) not closing its databases. Do you get any other error messages in the HotSync log?

One thing you might want to try is raising the priority of the Sunrise XP conduit, to ensure that it is one of the first conduits that runs.

Look in the Windows Registry (using regedit.exe) under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\Pilot Desktop". There you'll find several numbered "Application#" subkeys. One of the keys is for the Sunrise XP conduit. Change the "Priority" value from 2 to 0. This ensures that the conduit has the highest priority.
Advert
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 AM   #3
Visigoth

Thanks again for the feedback Laurens.

I attempted what you mentioned and it modified the conduit order/priorities. However, it still produced the same type of failure.

Here's a copy of the first few lines from my Hotsync Log:

HotSync operation started 02/06/06 01:16:59
-- WARNING: Could not open /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Secure Digital (0x10004403)

I'm not too familiar with modifying/playing around with SD card files. I know that things can be tweaked underneath the normal PalmOS interface with the SD card, but I've never done anything like that with this card. It shouldn't be a storage space issue either.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 02:10 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

I've run out of ideas. Not sure if there's much I can do at this point. I'm going to leave this as unsolved for now.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #5
Visigoth

Anyone else have any suggestions/leads as to while my Plucker files can't be accessed an SD card?

Thanks
Advert
Old 02-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #6
clupea
harengus pallasii
clupea began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X, Tapwave Zodiac2
Have you tried creating and using an .sxl file containing only one site to see if that will write to your SD card?

Sandy
Old 02-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #7
Visigoth

yup.

I've been attempting to install Sunrise for a few weeks now, but am continuously coming up with this error. Whenever I attempt to install, I'm only using 1 .sxl file from one feed.

I'm reformatting my SD from scratch, deleting all Plucker and Sunrise files on PDA, and reinstalling everythong to see if this helps.

I'll keep everyone posted on my status, in case others in the future might have the same issue.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:49 AM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed

I would try (re)installing the latest HotSync Manager version for your particular model. (Should be HotSync 4.1.x.)
Old 02-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #9
Visigoth

Just reinstalled most recent version of Palm Desktop and Hotsync Manager (v4.1.4).
Still seeing the same issue...
Upon syncing, I get the message:

HotSync operation started 02/16/06 11:16:59

What other options are left?
Is this a Plucker issue not closing down an SD card directory/file properly?
Old 02-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #10
Laurens
Jah Blessed

I think we've exhausted all options.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #11
Visigoth

Just gave one last attempt at deleting Plucker, installing Plucker, installing some Plucker test channels with a Hotsync to see what Sunrise would do.
Ended up with the following Hotsync message:

HotSync operation started 02/17/06 18:14:12
OK Install
- Installed file: Infoworld.pdb to the SecureDigital (SD) Card
- Installed file: Test.pdb to the SecureDigital (SD) Card
- Installed file: test1.pdb to the SecureDigital (SD) Card
- Installed file: TestChannel.pdb to the SecureDigital (SD) Card
OK Install To Card

So, I and the author of this software are a bit puzzled as to why Sunrise can't write to my SD card (or another SD card I've tried)

Help from anyone with SD card filing managing experience or similar Sunrise problem experience would be appreciated.
I'd really like to be able to use Sunrise with Plucker.
thanks for any feedback.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:34 AM   #12
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Lightbulb Revised conduit

I've revised some of the conduit code as a potential workaround for the problems you're encountering. As the next beta won't be ready for another few days I've put up just the conduit for download:

Download conduit.zip

Unzip and replace the existing conduit.dll in the Sunrise XP installation directory.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:53 AM   #13
Visigoth

Just installed the new conduit.
Here's the Hotsync log result...
...slightly different result.
The 'error deleting' line repeated itself for about 100 lines and then the log history window just ended (even though all the other Hotsync stuff took place).

This help? Need any more info?

HotSync operation started 02/20/06 00:28:25
-- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Secure Digital (0x400d)
-- WARNING: Error deleting /Palm/Programs/Plucker/BBC Rugby.pdb from Secure Digital (0x10004403)
-- WARNING: Error deleting /Palm/Programs/Plucker/BBC Rugby.pdb from Secure Digital (0x10004403)
Old 02-20-2006, 03:17 AM   #14
Laurens
Jah Blessed

I give up. Sorry.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:16 AM   #15
Visigoth

thanks for the attempt.

(hey, at least Marianne Timmer won the 1000m on Sunday. Go Netherlands!)