Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Setting Calibre to prefer ePub?

I have a PRS-700; my wife has a PRS-500. Is there some setting for Calibre that would make it send ePub files to my reader, but lrf files to my wife's?

At the moment, it seems that I only get the ePub file if there is no lrf file. But if I nuke the LRF version, there's nothing my wife can read.

May I suggest that a pair of user-configurable lists may be a suitable solution?
One list would be a format preference for moving to the eBook reader -- Calibre would move the most-preferred format if available, then fall back to the next, etc.

The second list could be just a set of check-boxes for supported formats for each kind of hardware. Those check-boxes could even be pre-populated for known ebook hardware. The only reason to make them user settable would be so that users could forbid a particular format (by un-checking it) or add one (if they have new firmware whose format support is not yet reflected in Calibre's defaults).

Does this sound like a good idea?

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Eventually calibre's device drivers will become plugins, at which time you will be able to customize the plugin by specifying the preference ordering of books for the device.

And in the short term once epub conversion has become stable enough I will put EPUB at the head of preference list for the 700 and the 505
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Related question:

I'm still trying different format options for different books, to see which displays better on my PRS-700. Sometimes I've got, say, a LRF on the Reader and I'd like to see how the EPUB or the original PDF compare.

In the same way you now have a choice to view a selected format in the Viewer, could you have a choice to transfer a selected format to the Reader?
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:19 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah open a ticket so it's on my TODO list
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:50 AM   #5
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah open a ticket so it's on my TODO list
Opened. Also another, about a conversion from mobi problem. I emailed you the book files on that one.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert