Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2019, 10:07 AM   #16
WeeSkerreX
WeeSkerreX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@WeeSkerreX: Hmm, IIRC, the K4 diags may be finicky.

Try actually following the JB procedure in its entirety (as the package itself includes stuff to deal with those quirks)? Plus, you'll get a free JB in the process ;p.
I tried and the steps jb my both kindles was:
  • Plug in the Kindle and copy the data.tar.gz & ENABLE_DIAGS files plus the diagnostic_logs folders to the Kindle's USB drive's root
  • Safely remove the USB cable and restart the Kindle (Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Restart)
  • Once the device restarts into diagnostics mode, select "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags" (using the 5-way keypad)
  • Select "R) Reboot System" and "Q) To continue" (following on-screen instructions, when it tells you to use 'FW Left' to select an option, it means left on the 5-way keypad)
  • Wait about 20 seconds: you should see the Jailbreak screen for a while
  • The kindle restarts and stuck again in the tree screen
WeeSkerreX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:38 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@WeeSkerreX: Did you actually see the Jailbreak screen, or not?

You could try to check if your diags build has USBNet available. Some do, some don't it'll depend on the mfg date.
If it does, you could try deleting ENABLE_DIAGS manually over SSH, and then try the restart.
If that fails, you could even manually switch to main via idme and reboot over SSH (I don't have the exact idme command OTOH, but it's something like idme -s main or something).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #18
WeeSkerreX
WeeSkerreX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@WeeSkerreX: Did you actually see the Jailbreak screen, or not?
Yes, i saw the JB screen but then it restarts in the tree screen again

I searched and any of my k have USBNet

Last edited by WeeSkerreX; 01-25-2019 at 01:19 PM.
WeeSkerreX is offline   Reply With Quote