Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

ADE 4.5

I'm asking in this forum, since the question was prompted by a plugin. Last year, long before I had any idea of needing this particular plugin, I tried getting access to my local library on my Paperwhite. This involved jumping through many hoops, including the installation of ADE. I of course, simply accepted the version offered at the time, which has subsequently being updated a few times and is now at 4.5.

Jump to this month, when I a buy a Clara HD and want to migrate my books from Kindle. The recommended plugin says that the only supported ADE version is 2.0.1, and when I install the plugin, the list of keys is empty - nothing was imported automatically as the plugin said it would be. I'm assuming this is because the version of ADE I have is not recognised by the plugin, so do I have to unistall ADE 4.5 and install 2.0.1 (which I've downloaded) instead? And if I do, will that affect the accessibility of books I bought subsequent to ADE 4.5 being present?
Old 10-23-2018, 11:49 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firstly, yes the generally recommended version of ADE is 2.01. DRM removal works with it, and it works with all (I think) places that you can download book with Adobe DRM.

But, it has nothing to do with Amazon books. Amazon does not use ADE in any way at all. If you want to get Amazon books to add to calibre, then use Kindle for PC (I think that's the name). Or get them from the Kindle.

For the rest, you need to go to the source of the DRM removal tools and ask. The rules of the forum mean that we cannot discuss DRM removal.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2018, 12:01 AM   #3
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Firstly, yes the generally recommended version of ADE is 2.01. DRM removal works with it, and it works with all (I think) places that you can download book with Adobe DRM.

But, it has nothing to do with Amazon books. Amazon does not use ADE in any way at all. If you want to get Amazon books to add to calibre, then use Kindle for PC (I think that's the name). Or get them from the Kindle.

For the rest, you need to go to the source of the DRM removal tools and ask. The rules of the forum mean that we cannot discuss DRM removal.
Thanks David. My question wasn't about DRM removal per se, more about whether I could have 2 versions of ADE installed. The ADE that I doi have was instaled as part of a convoluted workaround suggested by my local library to get access to their catalogue on my Kindle. That's no moot, with Clara's on-device Overdrive integration, happily.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Thanks David. My question wasn't about DRM removal per se, more about whether I could have 2 versions of ADE installed. The ADE that I doi have was instaled as part of a convoluted workaround suggested by my local library to get access to their catalogue on my Kindle. That's no moot, with Clara's on-device Overdrive integration, happily.
Yes, you can have two versions, at least with previous versions. I've had installed in my computer ADE 1.7 and ADE 2.01.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote