Automatic shut down disabled; automatic suspend mode disabled 1 1.96%
Automatic shut down enabled; automatic suspend mode disabled 0 0%
Automatic shut down disabled; automatic suspend mode enabled 37 72.55%
Automatic shut down enabled; automatic suspend mode enabled 13 25.49%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #31
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Yes, I believe you are right about the battery drain being effected by the last page on the screen. From my brief understanding of 'sleep' functions, all the currently used memory is loaded into RAM before the system goes into hibernation. When you wake it up, all the information is quickly retrieved from RAM, as opposed to off the SD card. The loading, retrieving and most importantly storing of information in RAM is energy intensive. So while you are in sleep mode, the RAM is still powered to hold the information, so the memory processor has to allocate more power to the RAM to hold more 1's and 0's. Maybe...

Just a little update to my battery test... its Oct 20th, I haven't opened my Clara since September 14th aside from the handful of times to check battery life. So it's been sitting in a sleep case for roughly 5 weeks, or about 37 days.

Battery is at 57%, down from 77% since my last post about 2 weeks ago. So it lost 20% battery in 17 days.

Total battery lost is 43% in 37 days. So my original estimate of 1% per day while in sleep mode is off by a tiny amount. It loses about 1.16% per day while in sleep mode. At least while a simple page of text is on the screen.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery