Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #181
Alaris
Alaris began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
Other than that I think Moon Reader doesn't work well on fullscreen mode, every time I press to turn the page it shows the status bar. It's annoying. In my tablet works flawlessly. Is there any way to avoid the bar shows up?
I respond myself, the problem with Moon Reader is with the last update, I've downloaded version 4.5.3 and it works well.

About the reason why they didn't use android 4.4, discussed on this thread, I think is because on KitKat you can't move apps to SD, and the way that is partitioned the internal Rom, it's a must.
Alaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #182
TrungMC
TrungMC began at the beginning.

Device: LikeBook
I love this reader, it's the first e-ink device that I have.

It came with 1.2. The ROM as not so great. The built in FBReader does not has a lot of functionality. I need to be able to change the margin but can't not. Also the BOOX remote doesn't work. I tried to install KOReader but somehow some files KOReader can't open and crashed. Which urged me to upgrade to 2.0.

I am much happy with the upgrade. The KOReader works. So does Moon Reader. Despite the fact that the built in reader is very fast, the KOReader can use external dictionary (I can't install CoolDict for MoonReader). But the BOX remote still doesn't work. I notice that there is nothing wrong with the remote. It works fine with my phone. The cause is that the screen somehow sleep when a page is turned and a touch is required to wake it. When it wakes, the remotes work just fine. Then in MoonReader, I found a setting that keep the screen awake all the time, then the BOX remote works fine. Now I can read hand-free before going to sleep.
TrungMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2019, 03:19 AM   #183
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Sadly, I guess this device won't update, since the much more advanced Mars is being sold very well
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #184
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Sadly, I guess this device won't update, since the much more advanced Mars is being sold very well
The soc just doesn't support 6.0 it would be dog slow, it's considered slow for 4.4 lol. The Mars is basically exactly the same but faster, has dual temp front light, 6.0, and a cheaper (dang) cover. Also now with latest update has a recent apps button. They did remove the one physical home button though which is the only downer besides the cover material. The cover is hard plastic on the back vs the rubber feel and the soft top is slimmer but not as smooth at the edges. It also moved all the stuff to the bottom so it's like using a t80s upside down.
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #185
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
The soc just doesn't support 6.0 it would be dog slow, it's considered slow for 4.4 lol. Malcolm
I knew that, but they could go on improving its ROM.
Advert
Old 02-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #186
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I knew that, but they could go on improving its ROM.
They seem to pump out so many of these per year they just move onto the next one. To get long term support you need a company like onyx it seems as you pay upfront more but gain that support chain. The T80S has root now right? Someone could come by and make their own better rom if the demand and user base was high enough. Have you looked at xda to see if the T80S has development over there?
Malcolm
Old 02-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #187
viceant
Addict

Quote:
They seem to pump out so many of these per year they just move onto the next one. To get long term support you need a company like onyx it seems as you pay upfront more but gain that support chain. The T80S has root now right? Someone could come by and make their own better rom if the demand and user base was high enough. Have you looked at xda to see if the T80S has development over there?

Malcolm
Thanks, but nothing about a ROM at Xda. I guess you're right: this device hasn't been sold too much
Old 02-09-2019, 03:07 PM   #188
spiderplant0
spiderplant0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
In this post ...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=19
It says...
"Do not perform a direct system update from v.1.0.2. to v.2.0.0. This will corrupt conflicting apps and system files. Kindly perform the first update using img. files provided below and flash them with the RK Batch Tool."

I don't understand, how do I do the update indirectly? Is there an update between 1.02 and 2.0 that I need to perform first, or do I need to downgrade to 1.0.1 first and then do straight to v2.0.0? Or does it mean there is a good and a bad method of updating? (I dont want to try guess what is meant as I dont want it to go horribly wrong). So I would be very grateful if someone could explain the steps in more detail please.

I have: Boyue LikeBook Plus B201707, v1.0.2-2018041113
spiderplant0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #189
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant0 View Post
In this post ...
It says...
"Do not perform a direct system update from v.1.0.2. to v.2.0.0. This will corrupt conflicting apps and system files. Kindly perform the first update using img. files provided below and flash them with the RK Batch Tool."

I don't understand, how do I do the update indirectly? Is there an update between 1.02 and 2.0 that I need to perform first, or do I need to downgrade to 1.0.1 first and then do straight to v2.0.0? Or does it mean there is a good and a bad method of updating? (I dont want to try guess what is meant as I dont want it to go horribly wrong). So I would be very grateful if someone could explain the steps in more detail please.

The wording is slightly confusing but if you read here from my post onward it will make more sense but basically if you update through the update.zip though stock recovery the files overlap for some apps and it gets corrupted to an extent. So what you do is backup your stuff off your device that you don't want to loose (books ect) and then use the batch tool to flash a fresh image of the 2.00 update wiping the device in the process and it will reboot as if it was factory reset on v2.0.
Malcolm

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=73
Old 02-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #190
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
The wording is slightly confusing but if you read here from my post onward it will make more sense but basically if you update through the update.zip though stock recovery the files overlap for some apps and it gets corrupted to an extent. So what you do is backup your stuff off your device that you don't want to loose (books ect) and then use the batch tool to flash a fresh image of the 2.00 update wiping the device in the process and it will reboot as if it was factory reset on v2.0.
Malcolm

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=73
I wonder if updating via system upgrade and doing factory reset afterwards would be as good as reflashing.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:30 AM   #191
Ceed
Ceed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant0 View Post
In this post ...
It says...

I have upgraded today directly from 1.0.2 to 2.0.0 using the firmware provided here: https://yadi.sk/d/a8uLdW_8qLCtsw
I have renamed the file and placed it in the root directory. Afterwards I have updated it via the system update menu.
All my books have been retained. However, I have reset the device to factory settings.
Everything works as a charm, it was definitely worth upgrading, it is much more comfortable to use now.
P.S. My reader was not rooted, if that matters.
Ceed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:20 PM   #192
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceed View Post
I have upgraded today directly from 1.0.2 to 2.0.0 using the firmware provided here: https://yadi.sk/d/a8uLdW_8qLCtsw
I have renamed the file and placed it in the root directory. Afterwards I have updated it via the system update menu.
All my books have been retained. However, I have reset the device to factory settings.
Everything works as a charm, it was definitely worth upgrading, it is much more comfortable to use now.
P.S. My reader was not rooted, if that matters.
fernsruben said upgrading from 1.0.2 to 2.0 via system upgrade may cause some problems, one should rather use the .img file and the reflashsing tool. I personally did at first upgrade via system upgrade and then through reflashing. IIRC I noticed some problems with backlight support in Koreader that went away after reflashing. Also the launcher shipped with 1.0 remains after system upgrade and goes away with reflashing. I wonder if updating through system upgrade and doing factory reset after that is valid substitute for reflashing. BTW the 2.0 firmware at your link may be not the latest available, I have v2.0.0-2018081417 installed.

Last edited by ilyats; 03-02-2019 at 06:32 PM.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #193
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Hey peeps! Been a while. Well, I've been travelling a lot for education and have noticably been using my Likebook Plus "less". *Giggles*.

I've shifted to a tablet since most of my curriculum content is live virtual learning and an e-ink screen does no justice. For reading, I have been persuaded and brainwashed by a friend to go back to paper. And boy, gone back have I.

So, I wish to sell off my Likebook Plus.

Device condition is perfect, literally no visual defects or wear and tear. The cover has a few fade-outs and micro scratches.

Other than that, the box and accessories as a whole are present.

So rather than stating the price, I'd like it to be open out there, those who would like to buy it, please DM me or reply to this message. I'd prefer it being sold in this community, you're a good fam-jam-eink-bam!

Keep coming!

P.s., picturesught contain cilantro from my kitchen table. They garnish all objects well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Last edited by fernsruben; 03-05-2019 at 09:38 PM.
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:51 PM   #194
Ceed
Ceed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
I wonder if updating through system upgrade and doing factory reset after that is valid substitute for reflashing. BTW the 2.0 firmware at your link may be not the latest available, I have v2.0.0-2018081417 installed.
I haven't had any issues since the upgrade. The only issue I face is the dictionary - I can't replace the Chinese dictionary in the native FB reader with a EN one. Would be very grateful for a hint how to do it
And by the way my version is 2018081714, isn't it the latest available?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-30_214716.png
Views:	416
Size:	796.2 KB
ID:	170480   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-30_214752.png
Views:	383
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	170481  
Ceed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:40 AM   #195
Sandy Anderson
Sandy Anderson began at the beginning.

Random screen events

Hello Boyue Lifebook people,

I bought 2 Lifebooks a year ago, both basically to read sheet music, chiefly. One went to my friend and works just fine AND dandy. The other I have and DOES NOT work fine. Well, everything works EXCEPT -- at random -- the screen thinks I've touched it, or swiped it, and pretty soon you're suddenly 35 pages away, at high magnification or something. It makes using it one hell of a meditation. In fact, I haven't for several months.

I'm not going to upgrade it in any way (having lurked in the forum) but before it becomes completely retro, I'd like to try and fix the random glitching. It is a lovely little reader really. I did take the back off, right back when I first got it, because it wasn't charging. I never figured it out, because it started charging again, for no good reason. Maybe that has something to do with the screen glitching.

It would be so good to hear other people have had this happen. Especially as originally my friend's Lifebook was mine. Yeah, I was trying to get *his* to charge up.

Here's hoping,

Sandy Anderson

(PS. Hey, maybe I've discovered a new way to detect cosmic rays?!?!)
Sandy Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote