Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Bobbe
Enthusiast
Bobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: sony prs 300
Question Battery indicator stays at 100%

I just got a new Aura. Everything works fine, except for one thing. The battery indicator stays at 100% even though I have been reading for half a day with the light and the wifi turned on.

What can cause this problem? Will this be ok after one cycle of unloading and loading?
Bobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
It may take a coupe of charge cycles for it to calibrate, but this is e-ink, not a tablet, so it's going to take a while for it the meter to move very much. I wouldn't be worried about your device.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I had similar issues with both a Glo and my Aura and like robko mentioned, it`ll take care of itself after a few charge cycles. Negative perspiration !
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Bobbe
Enthusiast
Bobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thank you both for replying!
I have a Glo that did not have this issue. But with the Aura battery indicator looks dead, it stays at 100% even after reading a full day with the light at its brightest, and with wifi turned on. The battery indicator is now still at 100%. Weird.

I'm hoping the indicator will come alive after a few loading cycles. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Bobbe
Enthusiast

Update:

Battery indicator stayed at 100% for 2 days. Now, very very slowly it has dropped to 70%. This is still with wifi and light turned on. I'm very surprised that the battery seems to last so long. I own a Kobo Glo for a year, and that battery seems to drain quicker than the Aura's battery. But, earlydays, maybe it calibrates after a few cycles. I don't know.
Advert
Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbe View Post
. I own a Kobo Glo for a year, and that battery seems to drain quicker than the Aura's battery.
Yes, my experience has been that the Aura battery seems to last longer under the same usage than the Glo.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I had the same with my Aura for the first charge. Also, when charging, the % indicator was very weird, it would jump up immediately and very fast to 49% and then sit there for 2h. At the 3h mark it was still showing less than 100% (forgot the precise %),but as I knew that it should have been 100% i disconnected and in fact it was completely charged.
Now on my 3rd charge the % is going down much more normally.
glos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura hd, battery indicator