Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
n7bsn
n7bsn began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Rebuilding DB error

Mac OS-X with Calibre 3.17
I migrated from one computer to another and found that Calibre would not read the data-base to open the library. When I tried to rebuild I got the following error
calibre, version 3.17.0
ERROR: Failed to repair library: Restoring database failed, click Show details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/db/restore.py", line 127, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/db/restore.py", line 281, in replace_db
File "lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/Calibre/metadata.db'

I've gone back in TimeMachine and pulled both the library and DB off and still am getting this error.
I've hit my limit, actually I would just start over and re-import each book (ya I know) but Calibre has some hidden file someplace (and I have hidden files turned on) that insists it rebuild and not start over.

The only posting I found on the forum for a similar issue included instructions that started with C:// ( ie that -other- OS)

All I really want to do it get it all working...

Ralph
n7bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Last line decoded:

You do not have full rights to access the (Library) file or folder.

Security (software) changes, restore from read only media (CD/DVD), wrong logon (multi-user PC's) being used, The file is IN USE by another program or instance. are a few
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And if you want to erase calibre's stored preferences, delete the directory ~/Library/Preferences/calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote