Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroni View Post
Just a hint: i've no problems assigning stylesheets to (x)html files on W10 x64 like reported elsewhere. Dont know if the version i just downloaded fixed it.
No. There never was a problem assigning stylesheets. Just a color contrast issue with being able to easily SEE the checkmark using a particular Windows theme (classic).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:01 PM   #17
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Thanks for the update, KevinH & DiapDealer. Much appreciated.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #18
brent63
Zealot
brent63 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab E nook
Thank you

I had downloaded 9.11 and only a day or two later downloaded 9.12. I am using windows 10 and found it to be quite glitchy, often seeing (not responding) up by the file fame even when scrolling.

Thank you for the prompt diagnosis and fix.

Brent
brent63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can assure you that there were no performance-related fixes between 0.9.11 and 0.9.12. In fact, there was exactly a one-character change in Sigil's source code between 0.9.11 and 0.9.12 that would have affected Windows users (who were reformatting very specific css). But if you feel 0.9.12 is behaving much better, then who am I to judge?
Old 02-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #20
brent63
Zealot

One thing that I do see now is when switching from "code view" to "book view" I get a a small black window for a second before the hint box appears.

Will continue to use as it does not affect performance.
Advert
Old 02-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent63 View Post
One thing that I do see now is when switching from "code view" to "book view" I get a a small black window for a second before the hint box appears.
What "hint box"?
Old 02-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #22
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Thx for the quick fix and new version. Plugins making use of PyQT are running again fine.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #23
brent63
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What "hint box"?
The hint box that appear when you hover over an icon on a toolbar.

I am using a custom CSS and would sometimes get below when pasting text into my files.

<span style="font-size: 1.05em;">
<span style="font-size: 14px;">

I did find and replace to remove them and the ending span that came with them.

Today I just got the below.

<span style="font-family: -webkit-standard;">

What is??
Old 02-22-2019, 12:02 PM   #24
brent63
Zealot

I have removed 9.12 from my W10 - 64 bit laptop and installed 9.11 as I had no issues during the short time I had it installed.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:18 PM   #25
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
The issues you are seeing are not well explained or described. Please provide complete and detailed instructions and even a sample epub, so that others can recreate exactly what issues you are seeing.

The only real difference in Sigil itself on Windows between 0.9.11 and 0.9.12 is a single character of python code that is only invoked under very special circumstances under user control in css sheets with fontface settings.

So if you are seeing any differences between the official 0.9.11 and official 0.9.12 versions on Sigil on Windows, then those differences are being caused by something else specific to your system.

I strongly recommend re-downloading the official Sigil 0.9.12 version from github releases (and no where else), validating the checksum to verify a good download, and then installing it.

Then carefully report any issues you see giving step by step directions on how to recreate the issue and people here can try to recreate it and track down the underlying issue.

Last edited by KevinH; 02-22-2019 at 12:20 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:05 PM   #26
brent63
Zealot

I have attached an image of all my downloads of Sigil.

I have a Dell Inspiron 3542x64 laptop with 4GB of ram.

When I downloaded and installed Sigil 9.12 on 2/19/19 I started having drastic issue when page paging down in either book view or code view. I would often see "Not Responding" also the cursor would also disappear.

These issues continued even after I again downloaded and re-installed Sigil 9.12 on 2/21/19.

I am using a custom CSS and have attach a copy of it.

Brent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Issues.png
Views:	160
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	169876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil installs.PNG
Views:	156
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	169877  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Georgia.txt (1,007 Bytes, 155 views)
Old 02-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using a custom css is not the issue. So let's verify that you have exactly the currently posted release.

Where did you download the releases from? Which website?

Please read the CHECKSUMS file on the official release site and follow along in its instructions to verify that what you downloaded exactly matches what is now posted there.

Does the sha 256 checksum match exactly?

If so, we can rule out download related issues.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #28
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Sounds like they're working with epubs that have monstrously large xhtml files. That's the the only time I've encountered "Not Responding" messages in the Windows title bar when scrolling.

But that's nothing new. "The bigger the file, the bigger the bog-down" has always been the case. Split the files into reasonably sized chunks and Sigil will behave.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #29
brent63
Zealot

From my internet history,

Thursday, Feburary 21, 2019 11:32 AM Release Sigil-0.9.12 · Sigil-Ebook/Sigil · GitHub github.com
Tuesday, Febuary 19, 2019 10:12 AM Releases · Sigil-Ebook/Sigil · GitHub github.com

The above match up with install files from previous posts.

As for file size I have attached a Sigil Report, See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reports.PNG
Views:	195
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	169879  
Old 02-23-2019, 03:36 PM   #30
KevinH
Sigil Developer

For your own system safety, you really should download and read the Checksums text file and test the sha 256 sum for what you downloaded and compare it to what it says in the checksums file as some evil download managers add things during download.

This is true for all third party apps you download and run from the internet, not just Sigil.

Your file sizes are quite small. Have you enabled Sigil's mend on open in its preferences? That will automatically fix any broken html that might confuse Sigil.

Does your epub include large images or a whole bunch of images, or maybe a bunch of svg images? If not, then you should never see delays when scrolling. If you are, then something else you are running isinterfering with Sigil in someway.