Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #1
commandante
Member Retired
commandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
"calibredb catalog" and customized column with template

Hi,

I have configured a custom column to display just the year of the pubdate of the ebook. My configuration is like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	commandante custom configuration.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	150326

As I was getting a lot of "BAD DATE" results inside the column, I changed how the dates were displayed with this (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=16):
Code:
# Control how dates are displayed
gui_pubdate_display_format = 'yyyy-MM-dd'
gui_timestamp_display_format = 'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss'
gui_last_modified_display_format = 'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss'
From what I understand these modifications only affect the gui version of calibre. When I use "calibredb catalog", I get "BAD DATE" results. Is there a way to apply these gui settings with "calibredb catalog"? So that I can export a catalog with a column that only contains the year of the pubdate?

Thanks,

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-19-2016 at 07:45 PM.
commandante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
You need to extract the date with function raw_field(field).

program:
format_date(raw_field('pubdate'),'yyyy')
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #3
commandante
Member Retired
commandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of lightcommandante is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
Thanks!
commandante is offline   Reply With Quote