Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-07-2021, 05:42 AM   #76
astro70.1
astro70.1 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 4
Wordwise not working when wifi turned on.

Hi I love using your plugin but recently I got some questions. I'm PW10 user and when I transfer file with calibre using worddumb and eject device, kindle seems to scan ebook contents and download book's cover and ASIN. Probably it downloads information of book from Amazon. And the problem is that after a few seconds of unknown process, word wise is not working when I open the book. It displays some meanings on word but malfunctioning. But, if I turn on Airplane mode immediately after I send a book, it's totally fine (but, if I turn it off, it's not working). And also I find out that when wordwise is not working, it downloads AZW3F, AZW3R, KLLC files (original file is AZW3) and even if I delete these it's same. I've no idea why if wifi turned on, wordwise got interrupted and only be repaired by delete, resend a file. Do you have any idea?
astro70.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:41 AM   #77
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm not sure what Amazon is doing when the Wi-Fi is turned on, they can even delete the book you bought. My advise is just turn it off and never worry about it...

Is this happens to the books you own on Kindle Store or downloaded from the internet? If it's downloaded, what's its ASIN? You can find it in the word wise file name, like the 'B003JTHWKU' in 'LanguageLayer.en.B003JTHWKU.kll'.

Last edited by xxyzz; 03-07-2021 at 08:47 AM.
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2021, 09:33 AM   #78
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried this book(https://www.planetebook.com/1984) with both valid and random ASIN, it works for both cases. Can you try this book? Maybe it's caused by something else.

This book is in the public domain as the website said, so I guess it's OK to post it.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #79
astro70.1

Reply to xxyzz

Thanks. I tried 1984 that you shared and it's not working. After a few seconds they downloaded another cover and ASIN: B003JTHWKU which is paid version. But surprisingly when I transfer another 1984 book that I already have had, (same book but different source) they downloaded another cover which is pre-order version (Wordwise Not Enabled book) and it works perfect. Plus, when I tested some books, the only one that works perfect with wifi was the one with 'Invalid ASIN' when I click 'View in Store'. It's somewhat complicate.. and it seems like they even restore data where we cannot see (Not about amazon cloud). I'm okay to use it without wifi but yeah.. it's something strange.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:46 PM   #80
xxyzz
Evangelist

The plugin will always use a random invalid ASIN in v3.5.2 if the book doesn't have one. Before you try it out you have to delete the 'mobi-asin' id by right click the book -> Edit metadata -> Edit metadata individually.

Maybe some unknown values in the 'metadata' table of the kll file cause the problem. But I don't know what they are and how to get these values.
Advert
Old 03-07-2021, 11:43 PM   #81
astro70.1

Wow it works out perfect! Really appreciate your quick apply and kindness. Probably for someone who wants to register downloaded book to amazon or goodreads they can just transfer it without using plugin, so I think it won't be any problem. Anyway thanks for your great work!
Old 03-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #82
AmirHXe
AmirHXe began at the beginning.

Hi
Thanks for the awsome work
Do you have any idea how to have this with kfx files on android?
Mobi files I can manage, but with kfx files Word Wise simply doesn't show up
AmirHXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:50 PM   #83
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirHXe View Post
Do you have any idea how to have this with kfx files on android?
I guess that requires a rooted phone? I don't want to root my phone...
Old 03-11-2021, 01:25 AM   #84
AmirHXe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
I guess that requires a rooted phone? I don't want to root my phone...
Yes
Anyway, thank you

Last edited by AmirHXe; 03-11-2021 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:24 AM   #85
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirHXe View Post
Mobi files I can manage, but with kfx files Word Wise simply doesn't show up
Please try v3.5.3, the prior versions don't set ASIN to a KFX book if the book doesn't have this metadata.

This version also set the correct value of acr and bookRevision to word wise metadata, thanks to jhowell's help.

Update:
v3.5.4: only write ASIN metadata when a random ASIN is created

Last edited by xxyzz; 03-12-2021 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:46 AM   #86
AmirHXe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Please try v3.5.3, the prior versions don't set ASIN to a KFX book if the book doesn't have this metadata.

This version also set the correct value of acr and bookRevision to word wise metadata, thanks to jhowell's help.

Update:
v3.5.4: only write ASIN metadata when a random ASIN is created
Just WOW
it works like a charm now
thank you for your amazing work
also shout-out to jhowell
Old 03-26-2021, 05:20 AM   #87
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Version 3.5.4. Kindle Oasis in aeroplane mode.

Coming from an ePub without an ASIN id, I convert that (without specifying an ASIN) into a KFX.

I now run WordDumb which adds an ASIM BBFTU2Y8ZQ and generates XRAY.entities.BBFTU2Y8ZQ.asc (308k) and LanguageLayer.en.BBFTU2Y8ZQ.kll (208k). Both files are sqlite databases with plausible contents.

When I send that book to my Kindle, though, only the KFX file gets transferred. Ideas?
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:54 AM   #88
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
When I send that book to my Kindle, though, only the KFX file gets transferred. Ideas?
You should let the plugin send the book and files by clicking the WordDumb button again. I guess you sent the book manually since there were no error occurred?
Old 03-27-2021, 05:18 AM   #89
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Thank you, how embarrassing. That was all it was...
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:27 AM   #90
AmirHXe

Hi
I hope you are doing well
Is it to possible for you to make some changes to word difficulty detection?
for example in The Little Stranger book your plugin considers "dining" a difficult word but not "demurral", same goes with "filthy" vs "dilapidation" and many other words.
it would be great if you take a look at this
(WiseCreator does a great job in this matter)

Best Wishes

Tags
worddumb, x-ray