Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 06:39 PM   #61
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I looked at the description and the LITB, AND the bloody Author bio. That's enough for my lifetime.

Hitch

There's some extremely interesting website discussion on this abomination.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #62
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
There's some extremely interesting website discussion on this abomination.
Hmmmm? Where would that be, Drib?

I feel a little bad for the guy. I mean...sure, it's pretty bloody dreadful, but--there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on. And the author bio--that flat-out terrifies me.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #63
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
Quote:
Lets talk about our political system and the voting system in our Democracy, in America. How many times did you ask yourself, when a major issue comes up in America and we feel helpless to the outcome or you want your voice to be heard without judgement. In America we have a partnership We The People (Democracy) with The Republic on which it stands (Our Goverment). What I do is Trouble Shoot organizations or political systems, to try and find the cure or a workable solution for a problem for the good of "We The People" to make things better. For the perfect system! Well I have been helping my country since April of 2007 on a lot of important issues, and While I was doing this, I was able to study our political system and a way to repair it. I believe I found the cure. We take a lot of polls, which is good but falls short of a cure. In our electoral system (Our Republic) we vote people in office to speak for what we believe in or someone we feel will work with us (We The People) so all of us can have The Purcuit Of Happiness and enjoy Freedom for their family's for everyone to live in Harmony for generations to come. We should set up a nationwide "We The People" voting system, not for voting in people into office but for "We The People" to vote on all important issues. It would have to be equal in power or judgement for the problem at hand or the issue invovled with, equal with "The Republic". Here is an issue for just an example: Imigrations,Gun Control. I believe that "We the people" should have more of a say on any foreign or domestic policies conected to America to possibly counter or overide Imcumbent power for the good of all. "We The People" should be able to overide Incumbent money or power for a Majority Rule (Democracy)! Many times our Republic is in deadlocked on a major issue and I know that We The People could break the deadlock for the good of everyone with a simple vote and we could easily move on to the next issue.More acurate Democracy for America.

Team members:
Dale Courtney
Another masterpiece
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:41 AM   #64
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Authors have long experimented with form in a technical way. Epistolary novels have a long history of course and there are wacky things like writing an entire book without the letter 'e'. So I'm sure that somewhere there exists a book that's entirely composed as a TOC.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:53 AM   #65
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbook View Post
Another masterpiece

The writing is actually more coherent than in his 'fiction.'

I'm beginning to think his pet monkey wrote "Moon People." (Not that there's anything wrong with owning a pet monkey.)
Advert
Old 10-16-2017, 06:56 AM   #66
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbook View Post
Another masterpiece
There is no "I" in "team" ... but "me" is at least half of it.

gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #67
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Authors have long experimented with form in a technical way. Epistolary novels have a long history of course and there are wacky things like writing an entire book without the letter 'e'. So I'm sure that somewhere there exists a book that's entirely composed as a TOC.
That's a brilliant idea. Could be trend-setting. I'll suggest it to my friend.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #68
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yup. That's called "an Outline."

Hitch
Old 10-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #69
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Georges Perec: "The Void".

No letter 'e'.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:55 PM   #70
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Georges Perec: "The Void".

No letter 'e'.
I guess the title doesn't count. How about the table of contents?
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #71
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
Yes, after all, it's ONLY his name.

I freely admit, I don't have a lot of tolerance for so-called experimental fiction. IME, it almost inevitably means crappy writing. Primarily because the people who are (allegedly) experimenting don't know and deploy the rules well enough in the first place to understand why they're breaking the ones that they are breaking.

I recently said at my own office that the next email I see that says "experimental" is going to be a flat NO. Not that we read that stuff, obviously, but still. Just on principle. I suspect we've never seen the next Joyce toddle through here.

Hitch
Old 10-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #72
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
My mistake.

The title is "A Void."
Old 10-16-2017, 01:23 PM   #73
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Yes, after all, it's ONLY his name.

I freely admit, I don't have a lot of tolerance for so-called experimental fiction. IME, it almost inevitably means crappy writing. Primarily because the people who are (allegedly) experimenting don't know and deploy the rules well enough in the first place to understand why they're breaking the ones that they are breaking.

I recently said at my own office that the next email I see that says "experimental" is going to be a flat NO. Not that we read that stuff, obviously, but still. Just on principle. I suspect we've never seen the next Joyce toddle through here.

Hitch
And I was just fixing to send you a copy of The Experimental Cin.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #74
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
And I was just fixing to send you a copy of The Experimental Cin.
I live to read it.

Hitch
Old 10-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #75
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I live to read it.

Hitch
Note: it is roughly based on all my Mobileread posts.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote