Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #16
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Tolino Vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
As a matter of pure curiosity, what kind of hiccup? I like perfection and this sounds like it isn't.
It just didn't see it for me. I had to go and update manually, but afterwards it hasn't happened again. I'll be damned if I could find a reason why...
Lofwyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofwyr23 View Post
It just didn't see it for me. I had to go and update manually, but afterwards it hasn't happened again. I'll be damned if I could find a reason why...
A gremlin.

Nothing special about switching a major version number, python tuples should compare each number in turn.
Lack of internet connection should still throw the same error code, for UP_TO_DATE = 1
Same with proxy interrupt screens, can't be converted to int.

You can always manually run
Code:
/usr/bin/calibre-upgrade.sh
and it should work manually... maybe the cron job didn't activate? Computer was definitely on at the time?

By default the stdout+stderr logs are piped to /dev/null, which makes it difficult to be sure.

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
A gremlin.
And a large one at that...

Quote:
maybe the cron job didn't activate? Computer was definitely on at the time?
All others fired. I even received the local emails.

The damn thing runs a rather stripped down version of mint I only use with mobaxterm and remote x sessions... I'm only using it to serve my small time webpage, ebook catalogue and as a development box for my autoremote client.

And as a server it HAS to be on 24/7, no? ;F
Old 11-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #19
DaveHayler
DaveHayler began at the beginning.

Device: none
install prob

Hi I have a problem installing to slitaz, I get the error: tar invalid option J.
Any help would be great, thanks.
DaveHayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHayler View Post
Hi I have a problem installing to slitaz, I get the error: tar invalid option J.
Any help would be great, thanks.
That issue would be with the official installer. This script will automate the job of downloading and running linux-installer.py (with the appropriate options and stuck in a cron job et cetera) from the calibre GitHub repository, and that script uses tar to unpack the calibre binaries.

Slitaz may not be the best choice of general-use distro on a computer that can support a more powerful OS. It is mainly geared toward very low-resource PCs and having a stripped down system, which doesn't seem to be very compatible with running a high-powered program like calibre.
Advert
Old 12-22-2014, 03:26 AM   #21
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

I came across something, maybe irrelevant, but I'll throw it out anyways...

Fedora seems to not handle /usr/(s)bin-links as debian-based distros do. I had to link to /usr/local/(s)bin/ to be able to use the script as intended
Old 12-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

I would be happy to make this work out-of-the-box on Fedora, what is it that they do? Should I just drop the script in /usr/local/sbin/ instead?

I know nothing about Fedora except that spearheaded the move to a unified /usr/bin/ .
Old 01-04-2015, 05:50 AM   #23
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

Quote:
Should I just drop the script in /usr/local/sbin/ instead?
I've been muddling out and about, and it seems that this is the way they do handle these...
Old 03-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #24
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

I'm currently poking around in getting this into an AUR package, would you be okay with that?
Old 03-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #25
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

That is an interesting idea, and I think I can manage to put one together tonight, say.

I think I will look into making a systemd timer.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:10 AM   #26
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Well, I modified the installer and added a systemd timer, how does it look?

Bonus -- here is my source aurball.

I guess I will upload that in the morning.
Attached Files
File Type: gz calibre-installer-0.3-1.src.tar.gz (792 Bytes, 668 views)

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-13-2015 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:27 AM   #27
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Status update -- ran "sudo systemctl start calibre-upgrade.service" and calibre successfully upgraded.

(I did have to rewrite history to wait for network-online.target after a typo had it waiting for a service. So that explains the above edit.)
Old 06-19-2015, 08:17 AM   #28
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

Quote:
Well, I modified the installer and added a systemd timer, how does it look?

Bonus -- here is my source aurball.

I guess I will upload that in the morning.
No need for source, a imple pkgbuild normally suffices, seeing as you host on github

-canned as I did not look into the provided file first-

Last edited by Lofwyr23; 06-19-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: See above
Old 06-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #29
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

As I have since uploaded to AUR, just a link would do.

And an aurball includes the post-install hook for auto-activating (still not 100% sure that's desirable...)
Old 06-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #30
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

The thing I like about the AUR concept (I am using a distro that is based on arch, but a little more userfriendly, Arch is too "hardcore" without a proper install script) is that everything gets packaged so pacman handles (un)installing. A lot less -redacted- then yum/apt approaches and manually compiling/installing software by hand.

I'll look at the package in a few hours, once I finish reinstalling core apps and scripts.

Tags
autoupdate, calibre, linux, systemd