Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
SocialAnon
SocialAnon began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BooxT68
Import of Calibre Library errored

I exported a Calibre Library from one Windows 10 system (From E:\ drive) and imported it into a different system (To C:\ drive, both same Calibre 4.2 [64 bit] version).
It seemed like import was going fine but at the end when opening the library, Calibre errored with "Failed to create calibre library at u'E:\\Calibre Library'.

I then reopened Calibre and pointed to C:\Calibre Library and it opened the library but I am not sure if the complete library was imported correctly.

Looking for ways to cross check new library against previous to confirm if all books and their formats and metadata have been successfully imported.
Hopefully if the library is fine, then, it means that the import errors unnecessary.

https://imgur.com/a/Fu4kmuv
SocialAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thats not an error during import that's an error during startup/opening of the library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2020, 10:33 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's probably okay, but to be certain use a folder/file compare utility Comparison of file comparison tools - Wikipedia

I use Beyond Compare

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote