Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Toronto Winter Meet-Up!

I met with Pholy recently to borrow his Astak Pocket Pro and both of us felt it was time for another Toronto meet-up. The last one we had was in the summer. So, we were thinking perhaps mid-Feb?

Please reply to this thread and let us know:

- What dates work for you (weekends? weeknights? other?)
- Suggested venues

Our last venue was What a Bagel which had a good mix of real food for those who wanted it and cheap treats for those who just wanted a cookie. It was also subway-accessible but the parking situation wasn't great.

I will start the ball rolling and suggest The Pickel Barrell at Yorkdale. Good variety of food at various price ranges, subway-accessible and tons of parking.

Other ideas? Thoughts? Comments? Post here!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
I guess i should move this to the international lounge, right?

Edit: Moved.

Last edited by netseeker; 01-19-2010 at 02:51 PM.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I had been thinking of The Miller - on Yonge just south of 401 - pretty central, good parking and subway access a block or so away. But I should check out the menu prices and the beer list... I'll get back here on Thursday or so...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote