Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #16
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
innogen,

I tried the plugin tonight for the first time and it worked fine.

When using the convert EPUB to EPUB method, you select "Click to open" or right-click and select "Open containing folder", and replace the cover you don't want with the cover you do want. Then convert "EPUB to EPUB".

With the Modify EPUB Plug-in, you start the same way: the cover you want must be in the "Containing folder". Then click the Plug-in and check "Insert or replace cover". (If you hover over the option it will explain what it does).

You then get the pop-up message ... select "Yes" and you're done.

Holler back if you have questions.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #17
innogen
Member Retired
innogen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
First this thread is about adding or replacing a cover using the Modify ePub plugin. You have chosen to ensure no cover is in the book, is that what you intended?
Would you prefer that I start a fresh thread? It's a no-brainer for me, you know.

Quote:
What makes you think the book still has a cover? I'd make a small wager that the cover was removed from the book.
I've tried like some 10 times, and each time the cover still sticks to my ebook.

Quote:
This is not correct after you said yes the book in your library should have been modified.
Nope, it wasn't modified. I'm sure of it.

Quote:
It doesn't matter where it is, the box was saying the plugin is ready to modify the library copy.
OK, I got your message.

Quote:
Does the cover show in the Calibre viewer?
Of course it did. And that's the reason I posted a request for help here.

Quote:
Be aware that any time you export a book via virtually any method (Save to disk, Send to device, Content server download) the metadata, including cover should be added to the book while it is being exported out of the library.
Thanks for the tip.
innogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #18
innogen
Member Retired
innogen began at the beginning.

Device: none
What "Containing folder"? There ain't no such folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
With the Modify EPUB Plug-in, you start the same way: the cover you want must be in the "Containing folder".
What "Containing folder"? I didn't see any "Containing folder" at all.

Perhaps someone could walk me through the steps of using this user-unfriendly "Modify ePub" plug-in?

Last edited by innogen; 12-09-2012 at 06:25 AM.
innogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #19
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The Remove Cover functionality can only remove a cover if it is actually identified as a cover in the manifest for the book. If it didn't remove it after you clicked yes then the book is at fault. If you don't believe that is the case, then send me a pm with a link to it or via email and I will double check.

If you we're to try to convert the ePub, or use the insert/replace functionality you will get what is known as a double cover.

The solution to this is to manually remove the image and page. You can either use Tweak ePub or Sigil to do this.

Watch your attitude in the posts btw. After the aggression in your first post I quite happily ignored it but as others have been kind enough to respond to you I will close out the discussion with the above.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:24 AM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Does it fail with all of your books or did you try just one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innogen View Post
What "Containing folder"? I didn't see any "Containing folder" at all.
If you click to open, see attached, you will see the containing folder. I just tested the remove cover feature of the modify epub and it worked fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innogen View Post
Perhaps someone could walk me through the steps of using this user-unfriendly "Modify ePub" plug-in?
It doesn't get simpler/

Select the book
Choose Modify Epub
Check the remove the existing cover box
Click Ok
Click the popup
Done

Could the book your testing have the cover removed and the first image is a copy of the cover?

If you provide a link where I can get a book you tried to remove the cover I'll be glad to look at it closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Watch your attitude in the posts btw. After the aggression in your first post I quite happily ignored it but as others have been kind enough to respond to you I will close out the discussion with the above.
He definitely is short on manners, to be more precise he is ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_containing_folder.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	97410   Click image for larger version

Name:	remove_cover.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	97411  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-08-2012 at 03:30 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice
Please feel free to disagree with a person's opinions, or dispute their facts or data,
providing you do so politely. Likewise, please address your criticisms to those opinions,
facts and data rather than the person. Refer to the MobileRead Guidelines, specifically the
full text of the very first item. When posting, your attention to the Guidelines is required.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote