Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #1
sockscap
sockscap began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
switchtokoreader returns to KSM rather than launching koreader?

Kobo Aura One with firmware 4.4.9349. I have followed the instructions to install KSM version 8 and koreader v2015.11-1023.

Everything works fine, except that no matter I choose "exit_nickel" or "switchtokoreader", it all returns to KSM.

Does it suppose to launch koreader when I choose switchtokoreader? Am I missing anything?
sockscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
A couple things really, one you need to set the option in KSM, so that the switch to KOReader works. Two, there is a forum for KOReader now, in the Software section.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockscap View Post
Kobo Aura One with firmware 4.4.9349. I have followed the instructions to install KSM version 8 and koreader v2015.11-1023.

Everything works fine, except that no matter I choose "exit_nickel" or "switchtokoreader", it all returns to KSM.

Does it suppose to launch koreader when I choose switchtokoreader? Am I missing anything?
You can only switch to koreader when you start nickel by "start nickel koreader loop" or when you first started koreader by "start koreader nickel loop."
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
sockscap

Thanks! Yes, it works perfectly when I manully choose "start nickel koreader loop" or "start koreader nickel loop."

Then I edit ksm_ini_options.txt to add the following option:
ksmAutoselectoption=koreadernickelloop

The purpose is to set "start koreader nickel loop" as the default selection. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. I can see the screen flashes quickly after timeout but nothing happens. Any idea?
Old 06-10-2017, 03:45 AM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockscap View Post
Thanks! Yes, it works perfectly when I manully choose "start nickel koreader loop" or "start koreader nickel loop."

Then I edit ksm_ini_options.txt to add the following option:
ksmAutoselectoption=koreadernickelloop

The purpose is to set "start koreader nickel loop" as the default selection. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. I can see the screen flashes quickly after timeout but nothing happens. Any idea?
Try start_nickel_koreader_switch or start_koreader_nickel_switch.
Advert
Old 06-10-2017, 05:05 AM   #6
sockscap

It works! Thank you so much!
Old 06-10-2017, 05:31 AM   #7
tshering
Wizard

I am glad it works for you. However, I would like to mention that this set up is not without danger. When nickel for some reason fails to run, there is no way back to KSM. And then it is more difficult to repair things. Therefore, it is important to have autoselectafter set to a value that allows you to comfortably prevent the nickel-koreader or koreader-nickel loop from being started. The default value is 20.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #8
sockscap

Understood. Thanks again!