Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
pops1959
pops1959 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Changes in e-book formating

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this question. If not, please forgive me.

I am experiencing a rather strange problem with e-book from a certain source.

I have downloaded an epub from ebooks.adelaide.edu.au. I imported the epub into Calibre. Before doing anything I checked the book using the viewer in Calibre. It looked just fine. Using the convert function I added a cover that was more to my liking. Again, I checked the book out using the viewer in Calibre, and it looked perfect. I then synched my Nook Color to my computer (a Mac) and copied the book to the Nook. After un-synching the Nook I checked the book out on my Nook and discovered that the formating had changed. All paragraphs had lost their indentations and there were spaces added between each paragraph.

I have side-loaded several hundred ebooks to my Nook, including many that I had made adjustments to using Sigil, and have never experienced this. I am not sure if it is my Nook that is making these changes in the formatting, or if Calibre is doing something in the process of sending the book to my Nook, or....?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
pops1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
This is likely a problem in your CSS file. You should check it at the W3 site. If there are errors in the CSS file ADE will ignore the file and Nook uses ADE as their reader.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
B&N also adds in their own formatting which has a higher priority which takes precedence over the CSS. If you don't want this behavior, then make sure to set Publisher Defaults to be 'On' in the preference dialog.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote