Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Alsa lib: Unknown EABI object attribute 44

I know this has been covered before. (I just looked up a few of the threads.)

But I don't see any reference to this so...

when I build alsa-lib I get a warning about Unknown EABI object attribute 44

And when I use the resulting libsound.a I get errors (saying similar things about the EABI)

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp --sysroot=/arm -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wno-long-long -fstrength-reduce -fthread-jumps -fcse-follow-jumps -fcse-skip-blocks -frerun-cse-after-loop -O2 -ffast-math -pipe -fPIC -s lcd.o refresh.o lcdc.o palette.o cpu.o mem.o rtc.o hw.o sound.o events.o keytable.o loader.o save.o debug.o emu.o main.o rccmds.o rckeys.o rcvars.o rcfile.o exports.o split.o path.o inflate.o sys/nix/nix.o sys/fbdev/fbdev.o sys/linux/kindleinput.o sys/alsa/alsa.o -o fbgnuboy -lasound

Code:
/arm/usr/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dshare.o): In function `snd_pcm_dshare_start_timer':
pcm_dshare.c:(.text+0x108): warning: 
/opt/arm-2007q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.2.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /arm/usr/lib/libasound.a(timer_symbols.o): Unknown EABI object attribute 44
the TC is the 2007q3 CodeSourcery one.

So I guess I am asking for some pointers on figuring out these types of errors

(the alsa lib ver is /usr/local/src/alsa-lib-1.0.25/src)

thanks

Last edited by twobob; 11-27-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: And when I use the resulting libsound.a I get errors (saying similar things about the EABI)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I know this has been covered before. (I just looked up a few of the threads.)

But I don't see any reference to this so...

when I build alsa-lib I get a warning about Unknown EABI object attribute 44

And when I use the resulting libsound.a I get errors (saying similar things about the EABI)

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp --sysroot=/arm -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wno-long-long -fstrength-reduce -fthread-jumps -fcse-follow-jumps -fcse-skip-blocks -frerun-cse-after-loop -O2 -ffast-math -pipe -fPIC -s lcd.o refresh.o lcdc.o palette.o cpu.o mem.o rtc.o hw.o sound.o events.o keytable.o loader.o save.o debug.o emu.o main.o rccmds.o rckeys.o rcvars.o rcfile.o exports.o split.o path.o inflate.o sys/nix/nix.o sys/fbdev/fbdev.o sys/linux/kindleinput.o sys/alsa/alsa.o -o fbgnuboy -lasound

Code:
/arm/usr/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dshare.o): In function `snd_pcm_dshare_start_timer':
pcm_dshare.c:(.text+0x108): warning: 
/opt/arm-2007q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.2.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /arm/usr/lib/libasound.a(timer_symbols.o): Unknown EABI object attribute 44
the TC is the 2007q3 CodeSourcery one.

So I guess I am asking for some pointers on figuring out these types of errors

(the alsa lib ver is /usr/local/src/alsa-lib-1.0.25/src)

thanks
I would first suspect that your binutils version is too old.
You should be able to update just those without re-building the compiler itself.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
okay I will do it via debian then. thanks:

vi /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get install emdebian-archive-keyring
Install ARM cross compilation tools:

apt-get update
apt-get install build-essential

apt-get install linux-libc-dev-armel-cross libc6-armel-cross libc6-dev-armel-cross binutils-arm-linux-gnueabi gcc-4.3-arm-linux-gnueabi g++-4.3-arm-linux-gnueabi gdb-arm-linux-gnueabi uboot-mkimage
Compile the sources:

Prepare the build directory that will contain the ARM binaries:

cd src/
mkdir build
Download, configure and compile the alsa library[2]:

wget ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/lib/a...1.0.25.tar.bz2
tar xzf alsa-lib-1.0.25.tar.bz2
cd alsa-lib-1.0.25
CC=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i686-linux --prefix=/
make
make install DESTDIR=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/
make install DESTDIR=$(pwd)/../build
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alsa, compiling, errors, kindle 3, lib