Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-20-2021, 08:06 PM   #8176
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
SYNC Audio 2021

What is SYNC?
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    SYNC is a free summer audiobook program for teens 13+.

Returning Spring 2021, SYNC gives participants two thematically paired audiobooks each week. In 2020, 26 titles were given away over 13 weeks. Titles change every Thursday at midnight Eastern Time during the season.
    Quote:
    Access Details

• Titles are accessible in Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive, and are Mac and Windows compatible.
    • Most listening devices are supported.
    • Each SYNC audiobook will be available to borrow into your SYNC library for a period of 7 days (only).
    • Titles, once loaded into the app, are yours indefinitely.
Setting Up Sora
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Can I use Libby or the OverDrive app for the SYNC program instead of the Sora app?

The SYNC program will only work with Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. You don’t need to be affiliated with a school to use Sora with the SYNC program.

First register for SYNC 2021. Then set up Sora.

How do I set up Sora?
    1. Download Sora from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
    2. Open Sora and tap I have a setup code (at the bottom of the screen)
    3. Enter this setup code: audiobooksync
    4. Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC
    5. Tap Explore (at the bottom of the screen) to see the week’s featured titles

I already use Sora for school. How do I add SYNC titles?
    1. In Sora, open the menu (in the top-right corner)
    2. Select Add a library
    3. Search for audiobooksync and select the library from the results
    4. Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC
FAQs about SYNC
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    1. Can I use Libby or the OverDrive app instead of the Sora app? -- NO

2. When does each SYNC week start? -- Thu 12:01 am ET

3. How long is each audiobook available in Sora? -- 7 Days

4. I missed last week's audiobooks. Can I still get them? -- NO

5. Can I give copies of my books away? -- NO

6. Can I delete titles from my device? -- YES, but do so with caution

7. Can I return titles from my shelf? -- YES, but you'll lose them forever

8. Can I access the audiobook’s MP3 files? -- NO

9. Do any of these books have Geo-Restrictions? -- NO (see this tweet)

Weekly Offers (28 titles) -- 29 Apr ~ 04 Aug (14 wks) -- Sora app only

Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Wiki -- Archives | DRM | FAQs | Setup | Sora App

================================================== ==========

SYNC Audio -- unless otherwise specified, offers expire at 11:59 pm ET
================================================== ==========

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-27-2021 at 11:37 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #8177
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 21 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT
Advert
Old 02-21-2021, 12:25 PM   #8178
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Some Chirpbooks.com offerings. $.99-$2.99 N. America only. Reminder - you can only play these using their app, so don't get a second book until you've tested with your device. While it works fine on my Iphone 8, those with Iphone12 said they are having problems. App does not download to computers and I know of no way to archive them.
All but the last audiobook have at least 6 days left for the deal.

Blood Work - Michael Connelly $2.99
Death of a Bore - M C Beaton $1.99
Fellowship of the Ring - J R R Tolkien $2.99
Roots - Alex Haley $2.99
Naked in Death - J D Robb $2.99
Island - Aldous Huxley $1.99
Left To Die - Blake Pierce $.99
Lexy Baker Cozy mysteries books 1-4 - Leann Dobbs $.99
The Glass Key - Dashiell Hammett $1.99
A Bias For Murder (quiltshop cozy) - Sally Goldenbaum $2.99
Binti - Nnedi Okorafor (science fiction - great novella!) $.99
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Various authors $1.99
Spellsinger (Graphic Audio) - Alan Dean Foster $2.99
Dragon's Gold (Graphic Audio) Kelvin of Rudd series - Piers Anthony + Robert Margrove $2.99
This Side of Paradise - F Scott Fitzgerald $2.99
King Coal - Upton Sinclair $2.99

No nothing about the following, but the title was interesting.
The Truth about Baked Beans (edible history of New England) by Meg Muckenhoupt $2.99
Don't know this author, but it is 27+ hours of listening for cheap and features a dragon on the cover.
The Dawning of Power box set by Brian Rathbone $.99 <-- 5 days left for deal
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:18 AM   #8179
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Some Chirpbooks.com offerings. $.99-$2.99 N. America only. Reminder - you can only play these using their app, so don't get a second book until you've tested with your device. While it works fine on my Iphone 8, those with Iphone12 said they are having problems. App does not download to computers and I know of no way to archive them.
All but the last audiobook have at least 6 days left for the deal.

Blood Work - Michael Connelly $2.99
Death of a Bore - M C Beaton $1.99
Fellowship of the Ring - J R R Tolkien $2.99
Roots - Alex Haley $2.99
Naked in Death - J D Robb $2.99
Island - Aldous Huxley $1.99
Left To Die - Blake Pierce $.99
Lexy Baker Cozy mysteries books 1-4 - Leann Dobbs $.99
The Glass Key - Dashiell Hammett $1.99
A Bias For Murder (quiltshop cozy) - Sally Goldenbaum $2.99
Binti - Nnedi Okorafor (science fiction - great novella!) $.99
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Various authors $1.99
Spellsinger (Graphic Audio) - Alan Dean Foster $2.99
Dragon's Gold (Graphic Audio) Kelvin of Rudd series - Piers Anthony + Robert Margrove $2.99
This Side of Paradise - F Scott Fitzgerald $2.99
King Coal - Upton Sinclair $2.99

No nothing about the following, but the title was interesting.
The Truth about Baked Beans (edible history of New England) by Meg Muckenhoupt $2.99
Don't know this author, but it is 27+ hours of listening for cheap and features a dragon on the cover.
The Dawning of Power box set by Brian Rathbone $.99 <-- 5 days left for deal
FYI at least one of these titles in on the list for Sync this year so be sure to cross-reference before you commit any money.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #8180
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 22 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT
Advert
Old 02-22-2021, 03:16 PM   #8181
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 22 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT

* Hello, Habits: A Minimalist’s Guide to a Better Life
Old 02-22-2021, 03:19 PM   #8182
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

LAST DAY -- Downpour -- exp 22 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 02-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #8183
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 23 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT
Old 02-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #8184
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 23 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 02-24-2021, 03:17 AM   #8185
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 24 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT
  • TBA -- The Crew -- David Price -- NF biography
Old 02-24-2021, 03:31 AM   #8186
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp 01 Mar @ 11:59 pm PT

$1.99 -- Curse of the Jade Lily -- David Housewright/ Brent Hinkley -- 8.5 hrs -- mystery
Quote:
Rental Only

The Twin Cities PI Mac McKenzie Novels (book 9)

Several years ago, Rushmore McKenzie became an unexpected millionaire and set about doing not much of anything. Now, showing up at his doorstep is the insurance company that paid the settlement that made him rich—and they want a favor. Someone has stolen a very expensive gem from a local art museum and is willing to ransom it back. The only condition is that McKenzie has to be the go between. And this is no ordinary gem—it is a jade sculpture with a history going back to the Qing Dynasty and a reputed curse that stories claim has ruined or killed everyone who has ever owned it. McKenzie agrees to help, but what starts out as a simple ransom quickly becomes complicated.

Suddenly other parties—including the State Department and a mysterious woman named Heavenly—start showing up, wanting McKenzie to turn over the gem to them. When the murdered body of one of the thieves turns up in a snow drift, it looks like the cursed Jade Lily has claimed its latest victim. And there may well be more to follow.
Rental FAQ
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    When does my rental period begin?

Your rental timer will begin counting down when you first initiate the download on your device or 10 days after purchase, whichever comes first.
    Quote:
    How long can I listen to a title?

All digital rentals provide a minimum of 30 days to listen to a book from the time you initiate your first download. With some of our longer books, such as Atlas Shrugged (63hrs), we extend the listening period to 60 days. You do have the option of purchasing a 5, 10, or 20 day extension after you have made your rental purchase.
    Quote:
    How many times can I listen to my rental?

You may listen to a rental as many times as you would like until it expires.
    Quote:
    Can I extend my rental time period?

Once you are logged into your Downpour.com account, you can purchase a time extension for any of your previous rentals via THIS link. After clicking “Extend Rental,” you have the option of purchasing a 5-day ($1.95), 10-day ($2.95) or 20-day ($4.95) extension. If your rental has not yet expired, the purchased time will be added onto your rental. (Example: if your rental has one day remaining, and you purchase a five-day extension, you will now have six days total before your rental expires.) If your rental has already expired, the extension will allow you to listen to your book again for the amount of time purchased.
    Quote:
    Can I have the same rental on more than one device?

You may listen to your audiobook rental on as many personal devices as you own. Your rental time will be synced across all devices on which you have installed the Downpour app.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:46 AM   #8187
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 24 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 02-25-2021, 04:18 AM   #8188
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 25 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT
Old 02-25-2021, 04:30 AM   #8189
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 25 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 02-25-2021, 11:57 PM   #8190
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 26 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT