Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Count off! How many DXs are out there?

Color me a skeptic (not cracks from you, sirbruce!), and I know that the mob here is just a tiny slice of the Kindle world, but now that Amazon has sold 'both' of their DXs and they're out of stock (big shock there!), how many in the forum actually have one in their greedy little paws?
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
I got mine on Friday.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
goodellboy
goodellboy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.goodellboy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.goodellboy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX
Mine arrived on Friday, too. The K2 will soon be up for sale.
goodellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
tklaus
Connoisseur
tklaus doesn't littertklaus doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Kindle DX
Got mine on Thursday. I'll be keeping my K1 for travel.
tklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Got mine on Thursday. I may give my iLiad to my fiancee... if she'll take it! Actually, my fiancee loved the iLiad when I loaned it to her preivously, but I'll probably use the iLiad for hobby hacking. My DX is now my full-time e-reader.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
JohnClif
Enthusiast
JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, PC/Mobipocket Reader, Palm T3
Received mine on Friday... debating on whether or not to keep the K1 because I enjoy reading everything (PDFs, AZWs, MOBIs, etc.) on the DX so much.
JohnClif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Mine will be delivered tomorrow, but out of town on vacation so I won't get to play until Wednesday evening.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I'm actually impressed with how many people upgraded right away.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Color me a skeptic (not cracks from you, sirbruce!),
*colors* There, you're a skep.... awww, man! You're no fun any more.

Anyway, yes, I got my DX on Thursday. I guess I need to buy a used Kindle 1 just so I can complete the family!

Last edited by sirbruce; 06-15-2009 at 04:10 PM.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Got mine on Thursday, sold iLiad v2, will keep Sony 505 (usually given to friends to promote eink) and 700 with DX.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Color me a skeptic (not cracks from you, sirbruce!), and I know that the mob here is just a tiny slice of the Kindle world, but now that Amazon has sold 'both' of their DXs and they're out of stock (big shock there!), how many in the forum actually have one in their greedy little paws?
Got mine Thursday!

Judging by the number of reviews and votes for the DX, I suspect the number of sales must be fairly low -- especially compared to the K2.
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I got mine on friday! Very impressed with it so far, spent a lot of weekend hours reading on it.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #13
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Got mine on the 11th. Have not been able to put it down. I guess my PRS505 is relegated to emergency backup. Disagree with Mossberg's review. I did not particularly like the K1 or K2 (no offense to its owners just liked the contrast on the PRS505 better). However the DX is fantastic. The extra screen and memory real estate is great and makes reading a lot more pleasurable. I don't find the slight additional weight a problem at all.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #14
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
Got mine on Friday. Still trying to decide if i'm keeping it or giving it the the wifey. She is still using the K1 that got retired when my K@ made it home.
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #15
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Mine on Thursday.

When I'm just reading, I love it. When I'm doing anything else, it ticks me off.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote