Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
DonalDuck
The Changer
DonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Cool Keyboard E-readers

Hi,
I would like to know e-readers who could have something like a Bluetooth keyboards or if there are any programs that allow it (i would like to know the devices who could do it, but you're welcome to also say programs like vncviewer).
(No on screen keyboards, please)

Thanks,
DD
DonalDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuck View Post
Hi,
I would like to know e-readers who could have something like a Bluetooth keyboards or if there are any programs that allow it (i would like to know the devices who could do it, but you're welcome to also say programs like vncviewer).
(No on screen keyboards, please)

Thanks,
DD
Tablets are pretty much going to be your only option. iPad, most of the various Android tablets, etc.

I know of no eInk reader that has bluetooth support. But you could do an Amazon Kindle with keyboard (at least until they deprecate that model in favor of the new on-screen keyboard models).
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I don't know of any e-reader (dedicated devices) that support Bluetooth. The Kindle Keyboard model has a physical keyboard.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
DonalDuck
The Changer
DonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
thanks for the replies!
the only e-reader with host connection i know was pocketbook 302, but it was not continued...

DD
DonalDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Maybe you can repeat your question in the Pocketbook subforum or search there for an answer. I know the pro models (602, 603, 902, 903) support bluetooth but as I never had an interest in it I've never tried it.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The Kobo original has Bluetooth but you can't use it for a keyboard, only to transfer books.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote