Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #31
attemptress
Enthusiast
attemptress began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
@ptsenter:

for gps reciever and mapping info look in the entourage archive . . .

here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137794

and here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138028
attemptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #32
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by attemptress View Post
@ptsenter:

for gps reciever and mapping info look in the entourage archive . . .
Thank you, for whatever reason I forgot about the archive.
And, while at that, where can I get Bluegps?
PE is my first and the only Android device I have. Search on Internet produces nothing useful.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #33
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

I HAVE BlueGps 1.2.2, but I can't remember where I found it, and can't find it on any of the "markets" I have on my PE. I might have pulled it from the official market using my emulator. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll send you a link to where I expose it.

This Chicken Dance for apps is really irritating! I hate the whole idea of "Market"!!!!
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #34
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Is this it? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833094

I usually google the file name and add .apk when I'm having trouble finding certain apps. Sometimes it works.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #35
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

It is indeed, and the download works. Good find Sarah!
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #36
Penru
Imagineer
Penru began at the beginning.

Device: HTC DROID ERIS
Just thought I would share some of my great finds, and some questions...

This bag works great for the PE, It allows for easy access to my PE! and plenty of storage for anything else I want to carry. Also all compartments are waterproof, and you can even add extra pockets (with molle straps).

UTG Tactical Messenger Bag (currently on sale for $19.99)
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/UTG_Ta...ag_p/65481.htm

this Universal USB Charger Cable has an interesting design that allows you to charge up to 10 devices with 1 usb port ( will take forever to charge tho). It also has a chip to prevent over charging!

Universal USB Charger Cable ($1.78)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-USB-Ch...item3a5d575242

This reading light provides enough light to read by while not using alot of battery.

USB 3 LED Light ($0.99)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Flexible-USB-3-L...item1c1c98b9d8

~~~Now for the questions~~~

I am try to use PDAnet from my droid phone to connect my PE to the internet, however I have found out that the PE has trouble connecting to AdHoc networks. If I were to buy a usb wifi modem and use it on my PE would I be able to connect to my PE?

Is anyone out there actively working on PE & EE exclusive apps? If so where can one go to get help with these apps and to download them? The EE & PE devices have so much more capability than standard tablets and readers, we need to find a way to utilize this tech to the max!
Penru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #37
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Everki Netbook Bag

When I'm not stuffing my EE into the same bag with my regular laptop, I carry it around in this netbook bag. I don't like sleeves since I usually want to carry various other knick-knacks. It's probably big enough for two PEs.

Everki EKB407NCH10 Advance Netbook Case Briefcase - Fits Netbooks up to 10.2"

I got it at CompUSA HERE. Same bag is also available through Amazon HERE. Looks like the same bag is HERE on NewEgg. (also sold by TigerDirect which happens to be the owner of CompUSA.)

The main compartment fits the edge very well.
The front compartment is wide enough to hold the 9" wide SolidTek Mini USB keyboard, plus has enough other pockets and two nets for flash drives and whatnots.
The front has another smaller pocket a bit wider than the typical DVD jewel case.
It has the usual band on the back to slip over luggage handles.
A removable, full-size, adjustable shoulder strap is included which I don't personally find useful for a case this small.

It was less than $20 when I bought it.

So, in one, nicely-sized case I can comfortably fit the edge, a usb keyboard, flash drives, a spare Penabled pen (or two), headphones, and one or two other handheld electronic toys (or the edge power adapter).

Last edited by ken_jennings; 06-17-2011 at 03:08 PM.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #38
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I still hope to see Swype on the e-ink as keyboard and lcd for browsing, or virtual keyboard on lcd and e-ink for typing documents. Shame we have such a good device and such a bad software. would be no need for external kb
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #39
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Unfortunately at this time there are no apps designed for the PE/EE, as entourage never released an sdk to access the eink functions. I don't think that there will be anytime soon either, unfortunately. Even if we do get an sdk it would be hard to convince developers to use it given the very small acitve userbase...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #40
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
You can find that Rothco Traveler bag Mike shows in his post on Amazon here.

Black is showing up as only $10.25 right now

If you need a spare stylus one of the ones mentioned in the old official edge forum is also available on Amazon together they get you over the 25 dollar free shipping hump. This stylus fits (its a little tight due to having the button) in the stylus slot and has a grey tip that blends well with a black edge.

I just got mine and it is the perfect size to carry the PE, charger and a misc stuff. If it seems a little to mursish the strap comes off. I've been hunting for a while now and this is the best option I've seen for a PE case with storage.

Since I almost lost my stylus on vacation I decided to nab this one. It can be found other places a little cheaper but the free shipping sealed the deal for me.
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #41
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penru View Post

this Universal USB Charger Cable has an interesting design that allows you to charge up to 10 devices with 1 usb port ( will take forever to charge tho). It also has a chip to prevent over charging!

Universal USB Charger Cable ($1.78)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-USB-Ch...item3a5d575242
Do I take this as a suggestion that a USB charger will work to charge the PE, as a trickle charge? If so, is that safe?

I know someone whose new PE does not appear to be charging with the normal adapter, and it would be good to be able to try an alternate method to diagnose what the problem is - the charger, or something else.

Also, if that is an option, would the led turn green immediately when starting to charge, or would there be a delay? So far it's been flashing red despite having the charger attached.

Thanks.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #42
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
AFAIK the PE doesn't charge over USB... Are you using an adapter to connect to the normal power terminal?
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #43
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

My friend is trying to charge using the supplied adapter in the normal power input port.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #44
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

According to the manual, the PE does NOT charge from EITHER USB port. You have to charge it through the power port.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #45
glow
Book and Gadget Fan

OK, thanks.