Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #16546
jimars
Zealot
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
Anybody know how to renew your VIP membership using points?
Or do I have to cancel & then buy a "new" one in order to use points & not pay $$?
I let my VIP expire and then followed the instructions for joining VIP. One of the options is to use points. I don't think that it matters how many times you do it as long as you are no longer a VIP member when you sign up. I couldn't figure out any way to use points other than waiting until my membership expired, however.
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:10 AM   #16547
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimars View Post
I let my VIP expire and then followed the instructions for joining VIP. One of the options is to use points. I don't think that it matters how many times you do it as long as you are no longer a VIP member when you sign up. I couldn't figure out any way to use points other than waiting until my membership expired, however.
I think they've changed the program slightly. My VIP membership expired a few days ago, and when I go to explore membership, it has a "renew now" button, and when I click on it, it adds a $10 VIP membership to my shopping cart. I don't see any way to use points to renew it.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 09:42 AM   #16548
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kobo US has a sale on mysteries and thrillers at up to 85% off, good through Feb 12. Mostly titles that have been on sale before, but in a quick glance throuh I spotted a couple of titles that looked interesting to me. Here's a link to my post in the Mystery thread with a bit more info and links: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3651245
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:03 AM   #16549
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Kobo sent me a card in the mail to say they'd given me bonus points for being a loyal VIP member. I was happily surprised
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #16550
YMS_1975
YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo
I've tried several of the codes listed on here, but none of them seem to work. Any newer codes available?
YMS_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #16551
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I was actually able to use a 90% off coupon yesterday.
I found one in my email from January. I was surprised it actually worked. I had given up.
I also found a 50% off coupon from November in there that worked. So I was finally able use my settlement credit and got two books and a box set out if it. Not bad for $1.80.

So if you ignored those coupons thinking they won't work. You might want to try them again. I'm thinking either they fix the issue, (Not likely) or we get one 90% off each year.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #16552
YMS_1975
YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.YMS_1975 is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I was actually able to use a 90% off coupon yesterday.
I found one in my email from January. I was surprised it actually worked. I had given up.
I also found a 50% off coupon from November in there that worked. So I was finally able use my settlement credit and got two books and a box set out if it. Now bad for $1.80.

So if you ignored those coupons thinking they won't work. You might want to try them again. I'm thinking either they fix the issue, (Not likely) or we get one 90% off each year.

Sent from my XT1528
What was the code you used?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #16553
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMS_1975 View Post
What was the code you used?
2RZXWX for 90%

9RT6EN for 50%

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #16554
YMS_1975

Quote:
2RZXWX for 90%

9RT6EN for 50%

Sent from my XT1528
I'm afraid neither of those codes worked for me.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #16555
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Well, they shouldn't. Such codes are one-time use, in theory.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #16556
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, they shouldn't. Such codes are one-time use, in theory.
If I get anymore I'll post. I am through buying from Kobo. I can no longer get gift cards from the rewards program and now my settlement credit is used up so I have no need for coupons.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #16557
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
This was never used but it might be expired. Worth a shot.

2HBHVZ 90% off

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 02-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #16558
jimars
Zealot
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
Quote:
This was never used but it might be expired. Worth a shot.

2HBHVZ 90% off

Sent from my Nexus 7
Thanks Blossom! That worked for me -- Kobo has never sent me a 90% coupon (or anything more than 20% for that matter), so this was a real treat!
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #16559
Amaryllis
Connoisseur
Amaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
I did end up being able to use points to renew my VIP membership. When I didn't renew right away, about 2 weeks (just under) later, I got an email from Kobo asking if I wanted to upgrade to VIP status with a link, and when I followed the link I had the option to upgrade for $10, or to upgrade for 4,000 points.
So I guess if your VIP expires and you are willing to wait a couple weeks to renew, you might be able to do it via points instead of having to pay.
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #16560
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
I did end up being able to use points to renew my VIP membership. When I didn't renew right away, about 2 weeks (just under) later, I got an email from Kobo asking if I wanted to upgrade to VIP status with a link, and when I followed the link I had the option to upgrade for $10, or to upgrade for 4,000 points.
So I guess if your VIP expires and you are willing to wait a couple weeks to renew, you might be able to do it via points instead of having to pay.
Good to know, I didn't renew my membership (indirectly, my virtual credit card was out of money), and I still have 4,000 points, so I'll wait a little bit longer and check it out.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals