Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Making ePubs show cover image on Kobo.

Hi, all. I just got a new Kobo Wireless ereader for Christmas this year, and have been playing around with Calibre and Sigil to modify and arrange my books. But I'm having trouble with some of my ebooks not showing the cover image for the ebook, even though I have put one in the /images/ folder with Sigil, and tagged it as the cover image.

Kobo seems to take the first page of the book as the cover image, so I've made a new xhtml item with Sigil (I've left it named "section0001.xhtml" because I didn't think it mattered what the file was called) and put in the cover image, stretched to fit the page. But still, when I put them on my Kobo, I don't see the cover image... just the first page of the book.

When I load the books into Calibre the cover images display without a problem.

Any suggestions?

(I figured the "ePub" board was the best place to put this, as it probably involves the structure of the file itself, rather than the Kobo or Sigil. But if a moderator should feel this belongs in a different board, feel free to redirect me.)
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:16 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You may need to update the database, or delete thumbnails, or something. I don't know about the Kobo, but in the Cybooks, along with "book.epub" you can find "book.epub.thn", which is the cover thumbnail; if the thumbnail exists, it won't be updated, so it must be deleted to have it re-created. It might be similar with the Kobo.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I think that the Kobo will not process a file if it already exists in its db, and - in older versions, at least - it does not clean the db if you simply delete the epub file. So the easiest way to make sure the new file is processed is to change the file name. There are sqlite tools available for accessing the db, but the Kobo plugin for Calibre may do all the db work for you (I'm not sure).
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the help, everyone. I found out the next day that it was indeed because the files weren't updating when I replaced them on my Kobo. I've fixed the issue in a rather awkward way by deleting the file from my Kobo, ejecting, plugging back in, and adding the file to the Kobo once more.

Thanks again for the help, folks.
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote