Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Inkpad 3 vs. Inkpad 3 pro - HW differences

I am just curious about the differences between them. The data sheets seem similar, only difference seems to be the lack of the MicroSD and the Bluetooth.
But I read that the firmware a re different.
Where is the additional differences?
Just curiosity
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:35 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Inkpad 3 (IP3) versus Inkpad pro (IP3p) [AFAIK].
TTS: IP3 via adapter, IP3p via Bluetooth
Waterresistent: IP3p
Bluetooth: only IP3p
MicroSD slot: IP3
actual Firmware: IP3p some month earlier than IP3
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:22 AM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Inkpad 3 (IP3) versus Inkpad pro (IP3p) [AFAIK].
TTS: IP3 via adapter, IP3p via Bluetooth
Waterresistent: IP3p
Bluetooth: only IP3p
MicroSD slot: IP3
actual Firmware: IP3p some month earlier than IP3
Thanks.
These seem to me to be “mechanical” differences, should not make a huge impact on the software.
I was thinking of buying one, it costs 30% less and performances should be similar. I do not care for waterproofing, do not see the need for it. Just need an independent reader to store my BAEN ebooks. Do not also care much for updated Firmware, but I wonder why it takes so long. Almost a professional curiosity
Old 08-06-2020, 06:34 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I have the Ip3 and like it. The non waterproof variant goes fine for me since all my readers are repaired by myself and I'm no fan of the plastice sealing they are using for waterproofing. Additional MicroSD slot is something I will not miss too.
Regarding the firmware:
I'm guessing that they update it starting with the newest devices and now they have 2 new devices on the market which are top priority to the developing teams. Since Pocketbook is a lot of smaller than amazon, that takes some time.

As long as Coolreader is kept functioning on the device I'm mostly satisfied with their firmware.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
I have the Ip3 and like it. The non waterproof variant goes fine for me since all my readers are repaired by myself and I'm no fan of the plastice sealing they are using for waterproofing. Additional MicroSD slot is something I will not miss too.
Regarding the firmware:
I'm guessing that they update it starting with the newest devices and now they have 2 new devices on the market which are top priority to the developing teams. Since Pocketbook is a lot of smaller than amazon, that takes some time.

As long as Coolreader is kept functioning on the device I'm mostly satisfied with their firmware.
Yeah, thinks so. A pity though.